Montego Bay Favorites

ms_samuella

The reason I ask is because I'm kind of at a loss of what to do at this port. I keep trying to research, but I'm coming up flat.

Right now I'm leaning toward Doctor's Cave Beach and maybe some shopping along the hip strip.

I appreciate insight on either of these points as well as the ones above.

only been there once.....

we booked the Extreme Zipline and LOVED it. After the excursion, the bus driver offered to drop everyone at Margaritaville for 90 min before returning us to the ship for $5pp. We all said yes.

my zipline video: [YOUTUBE]rBrncVO5D8c[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ABQrobin

Sorry to Bump your post But I wanted to ask ABQrobin about this excusion. We also will be on Freedom in May . Was this excursion booked thru Carnival or outside excursion. We were wanting to do a zipline in Jamaica with some beach time. I assume Margaritavile is on the beach? Also did they come back and get you and take you back to the ship for $5 PP?

only been there once.....

we booked the Extreme Zipline and LOVED it. After the excursion, the bus driver offered to drop everyone at Margaritaville for 90 min before returning us to the ship for $5pp. We all said yes.

my zipline video: [YOUTUBE]rBrncVO5D8c[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for your input! I'm scared of heights and the thought of ziplines give me anxiety. I wish I could be more of adventurer. Maybe in time. :rolleyes:

We sailed to Montego Bay a couple of years ago and honestly, before we left, I was beginning to get scared of even leaving the ship. I kept hearing all of these horror stories. I found resortforaday DOT com online and booked Sunset Beach through them. I believe the cost was $69 per person and included transportation to and from the resort, all you could eat and drink while you were there, plus the little waterpark and everything else. This was a great experience. We're booked on a cruise that will be going to MoBay in November and we are seriously considering doing this again. (I can already taste the jerk chicken and rice & peas!!)

I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your time in Jamaica as much as we did!

We sailed to Montego Bay a couple of years ago...I found resortforaday DOT com online and booked Sunset Beach through them. I believe the cost was $69 per person and included transportation to and from the resort, all you could eat and drink while you were there, plus the little waterpark and everything else.

Thanks! I just found that website yesterday. It is definitely tempting. How was the beach at Sunset Beach? My main concerns are water clarity and gradual decline to the ocean. :cool: