Ncl Changes Port Times-excursion Problems!

katybird

NCL is changing our port times. We will not dock at Seward until 2pm. We have reserved the Kenai Fjords NAtional PArk Tour and Fox Island with NCL on 9/7.This is an 8 hour trip and supposed to begin at 10am. NCL excursion desk tells me they will "adjust" the times for excursions. I don't see how this tour will happen. The excursion desk's only response is we have to wait until we board to find out what the times will be. They will not post a new schedule on the web site either. This all seems very confusing to me.

Anyone have any insight?

Any suggestions what to do in Seward if there are no Kenai boat tours? We will be there until 12:00 Midnight.I realize it will be dusk early in the evening.

Did you book this through the ship?? If so, they will probably run the dinner Fox Island cruise that is combined with the bay. Not worth it in my opinion. I would research and see if there are any pm 6 hour trips going after you arrive and consider them. The priority isn't the meal if you want the varied wildlife viewing. :)

We booked through NCL. It was an 8.5 hr. tour covering 120 miles going through Resurrection Bay, stop for lunch at Fox Island and cruising the Chriswell Islands.

Will it be possible to offer a 6 hour tour if we don't dock until 2pm? I'm thinking it might get dark too soon for a Sept 7 boat tour beginning mid afternoon??????

BQ --- Thanks for all your help!

We booked through NCL. It was an 8.5 hr. tour covering 120 miles going through Resurrection Bay, stop for lunch at Fox Island and cruising the Chriswell Islands.

Will it be possible to offer a 6 hour tour if we don't dock until 2pm? I'm thinking it might get dark too soon for a Sept 7 boat tour beginning mid afternoon??????

BQ --- Thanks for all your help!

Probably not. I would speculate however that this sailing is completely ship contracted, and hopefully will go as far as they can?? If they change to the bay tour- usually about 3 hours, I would definately skip it and do something else since you will have sailed that portion in daylight on your way in. :)

Hi Katybird:

Have you tried calling Kenai Fjords directly and asking them what modifications will be made to the tour? If you do call them, make sure you are talking to someone in Seward, since I think that not all of the people who answer the phones are necessarily located in Seward. If they are not in Seward, ask them to transfer you and then ask to speak to a manager. They did this for me when I called with questions before our trip in June. I hope you get the answers you're looking for!!:o

PS: Their number is on their website. It is toll free.

I just got back from the 06/30 - 07/11 Dream Sailing. We did not find out about the itinerary changes until we reached the pier on 06/30. Due to technical difficulties with the Dream (only running on 3 engines, not 4) they had to rearrange the entire itinerary for each port and NCL is no longer stopping in Sitka. The only thing they offered the passengers was a $50 onboard ship credit. My brother was booked through the ship for the full day fishing excursion in Seward but because we didn't arrive until 2pm he could only do the 1/2 day fishing. I checked NCL's website yesterday and now their 11-day itinerary on the Dream is showing that they are now stopping in Haines rather than Skagway. This was my 5th cruise on NCL and my brother and I both agreed that after this last fiasco that it would be our last. The sad part about it is that NCL is not going to fix the problem and the itinerary is changed for the remainder of the season.

I would consider checking with Kenai Fjords and see what other trips they offer and book with them directly rather than through the ship. I did the Kenai Fjords tour with Major Marine Tours and booked with them directly.

OH my goodness! I just checked the NCL website and now the itinerary shows Seward 8pm to midnight and Sitka is back! Is this crazy or what? It will be Haines instead of Skagway for only the 8/11 sailing. Wonder why that one date would have to be different.

As a follow-up to my previous post. I called NCL and was told the present itinerary posted on the website is wrong. They are NOT going to Sitka.

I sure wish they would get their act together.This is very frustrating!

Hi Katybird:

Have you tried calling Kenai Fjords directly and asking them what modifications will be made to the tour? If you do call them, make sure you are talking to someone in Seward, since I think that not all of the people who answer the phones are necessarily located in Seward. If they are not in Seward, ask them to transfer you and then ask to speak to a manager. They did this for me when I called with questions before our trip in June. I hope you get the answers you're looking for!!:o

PS: Their number is on their website. It is toll free.

Thanks for this suggestion. I called yesterday but could not get any useful inforamtion. Today I talked with Gerry and they will offer a tour through the ship as planned but probably a little shorter. At least now I know something will be offered. They do not offer any independant tours in Sept. That seems to be the norm for this time of year....limited or no tours for Sept.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Archived