Carnival cruise ex Sydney with kids with- questions about kids club.

nickykat

I am going to travel with my husband and 3 children in June on a cruise with Carnival. To pacific islands, ex Sydney. 2 of my kids (now 5 and 9) have ASD (Asperger's). Any tips from people who have dealt with kids with special needs in Carnival's kids club? Or general advice re kids in this kids club? Also, my 5 year old will turn 6 mid way through the cruise- are they likely to put him in the 2-5 age group or the 6-8 one? Or will I have a choice?

Also we will be travelling with extended family, I am considering getting an ocean suite quad, and officially having one child sleeping with my parents but spending most of the time in our cabin and perhaps sleeping on the floor. Would rather be together in the same room, plus it's about $2-3,000 cheaper that way (and a nicer room!) Is this feasible? Will the staff know?

And other advice (it's our first cruise)?

Once you've booked, no one cares who sleeps where...that is NOT a problem!

As far as the kid's club...you may want to write to the "special needs" dept....they can help with your kids, if you need any special considerations. The staff is VERY good, and has handled kids with Aspergers many times....they are great! They will put your kids in the appropriate venue...no worries!