Cost of taxi Southamton to Gatwick

dad604

I have searched and know this question have been asked before but no figures were given. I have seen answers to take bus, train, hire auto but no figures were quoted.

Can someone state an approximate of what a taxi would cost from cruise terminal Southamton to Gatwick on a Thursday at 7:15 am. Would it be 200 or 300 GBP?

I am trying to find out for one of our parties who booked an early flight. They are willing to pay but need to know how money to bring. Also do taxi there take credit card?

Thanks

I have searched and know this question have been asked before but no figures were given. I have seen answers to take bus, train, hire auto but no figures were quoted.

Can someone state an approximate of what a taxi would cost from cruise terminal Southamton to Gatwick on a Thursday at 7:15 am. Would it be 200 or 300 GBP?

I am trying to find out for one of our parties who booked an early flight. They are willing to pay but need to know how money to bring. Also do taxi there take credit card?

Thanks

No, not that much. Airport taxis airporttaxis-uk.co.uk quote from £88 to £120. This is quoted to Southampton Airport but they can drop you at the port too. May be a bit extra. You pay online in advance by card.

Weve also used mandp taxis before and highly recommend them. You can pay by card in the taxi.

Dont let them just turn up and get a taxi as it could cost doible this. Use a pre booked service.

ImageUploadedByForums1397889050.746097.jpg.785753b883ec05204bf71e5c88e11125.jpg

Edited by kevinyork

Dont let them just turn up and get a taxi as it could cost doible this. Use a pre booked service.

Absolutely.

A taxi from the rank at the ship is OK for a little local trip, for instance to the rail station, but for the journey to Gatwick (about 2 hours) just taking the next taxi in the line will cost them their house. :eek:

They need to pre-book at an agreed price, should be around £120 to £130.

Try http://www.smithsforairports.com or http://www.westquaycars.com Both are local, both frequently used by CC members.

JB :)

And just in case you were wondering - A £10 tip would be ample for a journey like this. Less or none at all if you are not happy with the driver and he gives little or no help with loading the luggage.