Talkeetna Aero Services

vfb2girls

I would like to know if anyone has taken the Denali Park Day trip through Aero services? Besides flying you into Denali does the tour also include Mt. Mckinley flightseeing tour? I am just trying to decide what tour would best fit our needs.

Overall, the summit flights with Talkeetna Aero are just excellent, which I doubt they offer with the Denali Park package?? It can be a timesaver, however, determine how far into the park you go, shuttle/tour bus???

Thanks for the heads up BQ, after looking at the web site I don't think that the tour we were looking at includes the summit tour, it looks like the plane takes off in Talkeetna and lands in Denali, and then it includes the Tundra Wilderness Tour. This is not what we want to do, after much research we want to just use the shuttle services at the park, I think we probably would enjoy ourselves more if we did the park on our schedule and since you can get off the bus at certain points and explore on your own. Also do you think we will regret not staying at Denali? Right now our plans are to stay two nights in Talkeetna and just drive to Denali. We are looking at staying at Latitude 62 in the cabin. How often do the shuttle buses run in Denali? Do they run on a set schedule? Thanks once again for all your help.

I saw you were also interested in the toursaver book. Talkeetna Aero has a coupon for $225. Valid May 19-Aug31 11am departure only. We upgraded this to a flight OVER McKinley for additional $50(I think). Coupon is for Scenic Flight.

I would like to know if anyone has taken the Denali Park Day trip through Aero services? Besides flying you into Denali does the tour also include Mt. Mckinley flightseeing tour? I am just trying to decide what tour would best fit our needs.

Hi vfb2girls, Yes, we are doing this exact option on our June 1st Denali Park Day trip through Talkeetna Aero. We are adding the flightseeting (not summit flight) for a minimal extra charge. According to the folks at Talkeetan Aero we will do the flightseeing either on the flight to Denali or on the way back to Talkeetna, depending on weather conditions. Since we'll be in Denali early in the season it is possible we'll go further into the park, however of course that will be determined by weather conditions.

I'll make sure to give a full report when we return!

Well I guess I will just have to wait for your report on your tour. On one hand it would really be nice to fly into Denali but I am not sure if we really want to do the Tundra Tour which I think is included. So many options out there it can really be confusing!

Well I guess I will just have to wait for your report on your tour. On one hand it would really be nice to fly into Denali but I am not sure if we really want to do the Tundra Tour which I think is included. So many options out there it can really be confusing!

No, the tour is on the Shuttle Bus, not the Tundra Wilderness Tour. By the way, it includes a much better lunch than on the TWT tour. According to Talkeetna Aero, they have a lady in Talkeetna make the lunch including a turkey sandwich; chips; goodies; water, etc.

I agree, it all can become a bit confusing, but the more you research the easier it becomes. You have a great head start since you're not going till next year and it sounds like you're doing a good job of asking the right questions and will be able to make a really workable tour that works for you! That's what it's all about: Making a plan that includes what is important to you while taking advantage of the precious time you have to see as much as possible w/o coming home exhausted!

Archived