Nachi Cocom reservation? then werid CC charges.

day-salior

First off this post is in no way to slam this resort in anyway. I have never been there so I will not comment until I do this Thanksgiving week.

What I wanted to ask/ warn/ inquire about is have any other cruisers had issues with making reservations online thru the website?

Here is where I am at on this, I book a reservation yesterday afternoon using my Corporate CC. This morning I had three messages at my office from AMEX thief protection about strange charges. There were 4 different one's from California (where Nachi Cocom's PayPal is billed out of) and a few other company's in other states. Again this is not to make a flame on this company but it also seems very odd that this happened within hours of booking online. For the record I use my Amex CC on average 50 times a month to purchase items over the internet and in 4 years have never been hacked...

Anyone had this same issue???

If you use it 50 times a month, I'm not sure how you could possibly connect it to Nachi.

I've had my cards hacked a number of times, then go years and years without a problem. You just never know.

(And many MAJOR stores in the USA have had problems with credit card numbers being stolen, so it is more likely to be Target or Home Depot or something similar IMO)

I've heard this about Nachi Cocum...a few months ago, their website was hacked (different page would display) and others have mentioned that they don't use script encryption page (http vs https).

Some book through Island Mktg as a result.

@ griz400, I did use the PayPal site, an again not to knock the Company I just found it pretty strange that all the hacks I got were PayPal company's out of the same state. After 10 years my first hack :(. But that's why I love my Amex card, called that morning, new card by the next day, and all charges reversed.

Hi All,

I actually work for the company that is Nachi cocom's web master and no, the site has never being hacked. Actually all payments are done through PayPal's gateway in order to avoid handling credit card information. All is done within PayPal's Secure Servers (HTTPS) and in no time Nachi Cocom has information about the users credit cards.

PayPal is very secure what I do recommend is once you are sent to the PayPal site to do the payment make sure that the URL witch is in the address bar looks something if not exactly like this https://www.paypal.com/(this next part can be diferent depending on the site)

Edited by xazzo

I have never used Pay Pal and in fact am very unfamiliar with how it works. What I do know is that I am trying to make reservations with a reward VISA card and their website will not allow me to make the final confirmation once I have put all the information in. Will they only accept Pay Pal?