Long Day on St Kitts

cg_abby

We are traveling to St Kitts on the Carnival Sunshine this July and our port time is 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. We are a family of four with two active teens. I am having trouble planning our day. We want to see the different parts of the island (Brimstone Fortress, other good panoramic places) but also do a rainforest hike. Javin's trip looked perfect for us but he is already booked.

I have emailed several different operators and am waiting to hear back. With such a long time in port, I am unsure how to fill our day - we are already spending a lot of time at the beach in our previous stops so that is not a major priority. We also don't want to spend a ton on multiple excursions. Is there much we can do on our own, especially in the evening? I have found some walking tours of Basseterre that might work but I don't know if it would hold all of our interest. Anywhere interesting we could get by taxi? Any recommendations for excursions that combine the island tour with a rainforest hike (similar to Javins?) Is there anywhere we could hike on our own?

Thanks!

We have gone with Javin twice but I'm assuming it's out of his time range.

This last trip to St Kitts we did

http://www.poincianatours.com with David. He was great. I won't lie it was a hike and we passed many from the cruise tours that were huffing and puffing but we made it! Wear good sneakers that you don't care if they get dirty. You are in a rainforest and will come across mud and streams. Also, don't wear white shorts! DUH any idea how I learned that trick? David was wonderful and had fresh guava juice and bread at the top

Edited by mlrack101