Galveston Limo vs. Galveston Express?

dreamer976

Looking to book round-trip from Houston Hobby (HOU) to the Galveston Cruise Port to board Liberty OTS. Last time I cruised thru Galveston was back in 2006 with Princess and the port personnel and boarding of Princess passengers on to their shuttles was a total disaster. This time cruising w/Royal Caribbean; RCI's airport shuttles are pretty pricey.

I'm wondering if boarding RCI's airport shuttles after the cruise work smoothly these days (like NOT standing outside the terminal in line for upwards of 2 hours exposed to the elements)?

If the aforementioned shuttles are still inefficient, wondering if anyone has shuttled with both Galveston Limousine and Galveston Express shuttle services and can compare the two and/or comment on either's dependability and what type of busses are used?

Thanks in advance

Ellen

Looking to book round-trip from Houston Hobby (HOU) to the Galveston Cruise Port to board Liberty OTS. Last time I cruised thru Galveston was back in 2006 with Princess and the port personnel and boarding of Princess passengers on to their shuttles was a total disaster. This time cruising w/Royal Caribbean; RCI's airport shuttles are pretty pricey.

I'm wondering if boarding RCI's airport shuttles after the cruise work smoothly these days (like NOT standing outside the terminal in line for upwards of 2 hours exposed to the elements)?

If the aforementioned shuttles are still inefficient, wondering if anyone has shuttled with both Galveston Limousine and Galveston Express shuttle services and can compare the two and/or comment on either's dependability and what type of busses are used?

Thanks in advance

Ellen

We have booked Super Shuttle from the Bush IA to Galveston because I have used them in Florida without issue and we are arriving a day early. Coming back after the cruise, we have booked the RCI shuttle as I have used them frequently on previous cruises and never had to wait outside as they have lots of buses waiting to go. It avoids trying to find a private shuttle in the madhouse of disembarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Galveston Limousine to get from IAH to Galveston and back a few weeks ago. They were prompt and polite and were great when we were delayed 4 hours on the way back in to port. They had a driver waiting for us when we disembarked hours late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I used Galveston Limousine to get from IAH to Galveston and back a few weeks ago. They were prompt and polite and were great when we were delayed 4 hours on the way back in to port. They had a driver waiting for us when we disembarked hours late.

Was this for private service or shared?

Was this for private service or shared?

It was shared service. I called their office as soon as Carnival told us we would be delayed and they already knew about the port closure and told me they would keep tabs on the situation and have someone waiting for us when we docked. We did have to wait about 20 minutes in the shuttle for some other passengers to disembark before we left for the airport but we had plenty of time.

It was shared service. I called their office as soon as Carnival told us we would be delayed and they already knew about the port closure and told me they would keep tabs on the situation and have someone waiting for us when we docked. We did have to wait about 20 minutes in the shuttle for some other passengers to disembark before we left for the airport but we had plenty of time.

What type of vehicles are used for their shared service shuttles? Large vans, small or large buses?