Costa Maya or Bonaire

spkinva

We were just to both on a B2B -- enjoyed each, but for different reasons. If you are a snorkeler, I'd go with Bonaire, best snorkling we've ever done! It's also a less commercialized island than Aruba, with several art galleries. I definitely want to go back there! That being said, we enjoyed our day in Costa Maya at the beach. We went to Blue Kay & found it very relaxing. I know others also liked going to the ruins there. I think you need to look at the overall itinerary to make your decision. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I also did a B2B to the Southern and then to the Western Caribbean which included both Bonaire and Costa Maya. Both places are one of my favorites: for rustic feel and snorkeling right off the beach.

Bonaire is a fun adventure for snorkeling right off the many resort beaches and piers. You will see plenty of coral and marine life.

Blue Kay in Costa Maya has snorkeling right off the beach. It's easy entry into the calm water. I saw yellow stingray and a turtle as well as other marine life.

It was a great itinerary and every port we spent time in the water.