Indonesia - Probolinggo

MartinandKarenAUS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We are on the same cruise :). There is a group of 11 of us. I have just started up a roll call for our cruise on cruise critic. We have booked private tours in Bali, Lombok and Komodo Island and are not doing any ship tours. In Probolinggo we have just decided to take a shuttle in to the city as ship tours are too expensive and it seems like the private tour providers are not reliable. Cheers, Steve

Cruising on P&O Pacific Eden in July. The Day Tour to Mt Bromo cost is AU $ 300 per adult and $250 per child. Thats $1100 for family of 4. This seems very expensive. Has anyone done this tour and can explain why so expensive? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Just to be clear, I haven't done a ship's tour to Mt Bromo but years ago when travelling in Indonesia I did a trip from Probolingo to Mt Bromo.

If it's anything like when I was there it's quite a trek and especially the last part up to Cemoro Lawang which we had to do in a 4 wheel drive as it's 2200 metres in altitude. Then to get to the rim of Bromo there is another trek across the Sea of Sand. I realise that things have probably changed and the road a lot better but I can still see that logistically it's more complex than a trip to a site at sea level :D

BTW it was a fabulous trip especially looking down into the bubbling volcano (not sure if the ship's tour includes this or not though).

• Like 1

We did same itinerary in July last year and had the most amazing excursion with Yoschi's. English is not their strong point but it was an amazing day. If you want to email me I can pass on contact details. berylmorris at upnaway dot com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I haven't done a ship's tour to Mt Bromo but years ago when travelling in Indonesia I did a trip from Probolingo to Mt Bromo.

If it's anything like when I was there it's quite a trek and especially the last part up to Cemoro Lawang which we had to do in a 4 wheel drive as it's 2200 metres in altitude. Then to get to the rim of Bromo there is another trek across the Sea of Sand. I realise that things have probably changed and the road a lot better but I can still see that logistically it's more complex than a trip to a site at sea level :D

BTW it was a fabulous trip especially looking down into the bubbling volcano (not sure if the ship's tour includes this or not though).

Thanks Bronte.

We did same itinerary in July last year and had the most amazing excursion with Yoschi's. English is not their strong point but it was an amazing day. If you want to email me I can pass on contact details. berylmorris at upnaway dot com

• Like 1

Thanks Kobecat. I will email you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...