Carnival's Sea Trek Excursion, St. Marteen

Has anyone done Carnival's Sea Trek excursion in St. Marteen? Is it worth the money? How long do you actually get to do the helmet dive underwater?

Still waiting to hear back from Carnival on how long will get to do the helmet dive. Has anyone done this excursion to answer my questions? Thank You!:)

I can't tell you about St Maarten specifically, but I have done this in Cabo and Cozumel. If I remember correctly, the time under water is between 20 and 30 minutes. The attraction for me was that I could wear my prescription glasses during the dive. I very much enjoyed the Seatrek experience. You are led around, walking along the bottom in a group. One of the safety divers with you will point out, and sometimes pick up, animals of interest. The highlight in Cozumel was a couple of seahorses.

@Iheartcruisin': Here's the info you're waiting for.

The Sea Trek St. Maarten Helmet Diving tour is a 2 ½ hour tour excursion that runs several times daily. The tour starts with a short 15 minute boat ride out to our staging area. Once onboard the Sea Trek dock your guide will give a safety briefing and will answer any questions that you may have. The underwater trek itself takes approximately 20-30minutes to complete; based on the number of guests participating in that particular tour, 2 separate tours may be made. Each tour will have no more than 10 guests and will have a minimum of 3 Sea Trek staff members with the tour at all times as a safety precaution. If there are 2 groups participating in the tour, while one group is underwater the other guests are offered the opportunity to go for a snorkel while they wait. Once both groups have completed the Sea Trek tour there will be an opportunity to buy photos taken of them on the trek ( 20-40 pictures of you, the group & the environment on a USB stick = $35) before boarding the boat and getting shuttled back to the cruise ship pier or Philipsburg.

Helmet diving feeds continuous air through low pressure lines on the surface down to the Sea Trekker under water. The air pressure inside the helmet keeps the water level right around shoulder height and the majority of the time you won’t even get your hair wet. You climb down a ladder from the Sea Trek dock that reaches 20 feet down to the ocean floor. The track, a loop approximately 300 feet long, takes you past both natural and artificial reefs such as a sail boat, a submarine, a helicopter, King Neptune and 2 canons salvaged from Fort Amsterdam. You’ll also have the chance to interact with some of the local sea creatures along the way. Once back to the beginning of the track loop you’ll climb the ladder back onto the dock while personally guided both up and down the ladder by a guide or safety diver.

The minimum age is 8 yrs. and you should be able to walk and climb a (20 ft/6 meter) ladder. You have to be in good physical condition and sign a waiver. This tour is not recommended for guests with physical disabilities, a pacemaker or claustrophobia, epilepsy, severe asthma, or for women over 3 months pregnant. Max depth is 20 feet.

There are tee shirts, sodas and bottled water available for purchase after the tour – cash only please. There’s some room under the seats on the platform to store your belongings. (Not secured). It's recommended to put on your bathing suit prior to the tour because there's no changing room or rest room available on the platform.

I hope this answers all your questions?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
@Iheartcruisin': Here's the info you're waiting for.

The Sea Trek St. Maarten Helmet Diving tour is a 2 ½ hour tour excursion that runs several times daily. The tour starts with a short 15 minute boat ride out to our staging area. Once onboard the Sea Trek dock your guide will give a safety briefing and will answer any questions that you may have. The underwater trek itself takes approximately 20-30minutes to complete; based on the number of guests participating in that particular tour, 2 separate tours may be made. Each tour will have no more than 10 guests and will have a minimum of 3 Sea Trek staff members with the tour at all times as a safety precaution. If there are 2 groups participating in the tour, while one group is underwater the other guests are offered the opportunity to go for a snorkel while they wait. Once both groups have completed the Sea Trek tour there will be an opportunity to buy photos taken of them on the trek ( 20-40 pictures of you, the group & the environment on a USB stick = $35) before boarding the boat and getting shuttled back to the cruise ship pier or Philipsburg.

Helmet diving feeds continuous air through low pressure lines on the surface down to the Sea Trekker under water. The air pressure inside the helmet keeps the water level right around shoulder height and the majority of the time you won’t even get your hair wet. You climb down a ladder from the Sea Trek dock that reaches 20 feet down to the ocean floor. The track, a loop approximately 300 feet long, takes you past both natural and artificial reefs such as a sail boat, a submarine, a helicopter, King Neptune and 2 canons salvaged from Fort Amsterdam. You’ll also have the chance to interact with some of the local sea creatures along the way. Once back to the beginning of the track loop you’ll climb the ladder back onto the dock while personally guided both up and down the ladder by a guide or safety diver.

The minimum age is 8 yrs. and you should be able to walk and climb a (20 ft/6 meter) ladder. You have to be in good physical condition and sign a waiver. This tour is not recommended for guests with physical disabilities, a pacemaker or claustrophobia, epilepsy, severe asthma, or for women over 3 months pregnant. Max depth is 20 feet.

There are tee shirts, sodas and bottled water available for purchase after the tour – cash only please. There’s some room under the seats on the platform to store your belongings. (Not secured). It's recommended to put on your bathing suit prior to the tour because there's no changing room or rest room available on the platform.

I hope this answers all your questions?

Hi i was just checking back before our cruise to see if the price of the photos on the USB has changed. We want to make sure we have enough cash to pay for the photos. Also are you able to tell me roughly how much the T-shirts are as well just in case we get some of those?

Hi i was just checking back before our cruise to see if the price of the photos on the USB has changed. We want to make sure we have enough cash to pay for the photos. Also are you able to tell me roughly how much the T-shirts are as well just in case we get some of those?

The pictures are still US $ 35 for 40-100 pictures. If you buy them after the tour they will be $45. ;)

The T-shirts are only for purchase during the tour and they are $22 each. We have tank tops, t-shirts and hats. If you buy a t-shirt and a USB card together you pay only US$50 for both!:D