Sinfonia Specialty Restaurant?

asctony

There are no speciality restaurants onboard Sinfonia, asctony.

Thank you. I did search all over and could not find one.

Does anyone know what MSC gives to Black Card holders for this ship since they do not have a Specialty Restaurant (SR.) On Divina we got two free SR meals.

Thanks!

Thank you. I did search all over and could not find one.

Does anyone know what MSC gives to Black Card holders for this ship since they do not have a Specialty Restaurant (SR.) On Divina we got two free SR meals.

Thanks!

Zilch, nada, nothing! I know because I sailed on Sinfonia on 2 occasions last year and we're both Black Card holders. I think MSC should offer something else of benefit as a substitute on the Lirica class ships to make up for this absence of benefit.

Zilch, nada, nothing! I know because I sailed on Sinfonia on 2 occasions last year and we're both Black Card holders. I think MSC should offer something else of benefit as a substitute on the Lirica class ships to make up for this absence of benefit.

I totally agree with you. Maybe a free drink each night at least. Thank you!

Or a nice bottle of champagne :p And ............. you're very welcome! :)

Did you write any reviews on this ship? Many people seem to complain about the food. We have been on MSC before and continue to cruise on MSC. Food is very subjective. We can always find something to eat. We are going on Sinfonia for the ports. Very good Greek iteniary.

Did you write any reviews on this ship? Many people seem to complain about the food. We have been on MSC before and continue to cruise on MSC. Food is very subjective. We can always find something to eat. We are going on Sinfonia for the ports. Very good Greek iteniary.

I didn't write any reviews - I usually don't (though I did one on Meraviglia as she was new and people were anxious to get as much info as possible from early sailings).

Food onboard is not of particular interest to me as I'm picky so am very limited in terms of choices, anyway. DH is not fussy and can eat almost anything. So we're not the best bets to depend on for opinions on the subject. We've never gone hungry and we've often had meals that we thought were wonderful and meals that we thought were mediocre. I only eat 2 meals a day (with no snacking in between) at home without starters or dessert so 3 meals a day onboard, including starters & dessert at 2 of them and I really get to a point where I don't want to look at food at any mealtime by the time the cruise is coming to an end!

The only tip I will give you is: if you must have your food served hot, inform your waiter on the first evening. That's what we do and we invariably get hot food served most of the time. Also, you can order several helpings of any item on the menu. There are often times when there is nothing on the appetisers list that appeals to me so I'll get the main fish dish (sometimes without the accompaniments) as a starter and then have the meat dish as an entree. Sometimes a dish is so good, we order seconds.

You are correct. We found that we had to ask for the food to be delivered HOT on the Divina in Feb. Then it was not a problem. We enjoy MSC and have 3 more booked for this year and next year: Divina, Sinfonia and Seaside. We also do other cruise lines., too. We got tired of Celebrity.

Thanks for your info and opinions. Happy Cruising!

I didn't write any reviews - I usually don't (though I did one on Meraviglia as she was new and people were anxious to get as much info as possible from early sailings).

Food onboard is not of particular interest to me as I'm picky so am very limited in terms of choices, anyway. DH is not fussy and can eat almost anything. So we're not the best bets to depend on for opinions on the subject. We've never gone hungry and we've often had meals that we thought were wonderful and meals that we thought were mediocre. I only eat 2 meals a day (with no snacking in between) at home without starters or dessert so 3 meals a day onboard, including starters & dessert at 2 of them and I really get to a point where I don't want to look at food at any mealtime by the time the cruise is coming to an end!

The only tip I will give you is: if you must have your food served hot, inform your waiter on the first evening. That's what we do and we invariably get hot food served most of the time. Also, you can order several helpings of any item on the menu. There are often times when there is nothing on the appetisers list that appeals to me so I'll get the main fish dish (sometimes without the accompaniments) as a starter and then have the meat dish as an entree. Sometimes a dish is so good, we order seconds.

You are correct. We found that we had to ask for the food to be delivered HOT on the Divina in Feb. Then it was not a problem. We enjoy MSC and have 3 more booked for this year and next year: Divina, Sinfonia and Seaside. We also do other cruise lines., too. We got tired of Celebrity.

Thanks for your info and opinions. Happy Cruising!

............ and the same to you!

Bytheway, we did one Celebrity cruise - never again!