butler service on Uniworld SS Antoinette

papa B me

My wife and I are booked on our first River Cruise with Uniworld's SS Antoinette from Amsterdam to Basal in July. We also have the pre cruise tour of Amsterdam through Uniworld. Has anyone experience what the Butler Service on the Cruise consists of and/or what the pre cruise portion in Amsterdam entails?

This question was recently asked on the Uniworld forums with a reply. The response below is not from my experience but another traveler's reply.

http://uniworld.com/community/forum/before-you-go/advice/butlers?p=1

Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:20 PM

" The butlers on the Antoinette are fantastic. From the moment you enter your stateroom, they offer to unpack, take all your clothes to be pressed, daily laundry. Invite you to a private dinner served by the butlers.. They are trained by the best butler school and could work for any royalty. It is such a luxury that can't be explained. They can either help you pack for your return trip or pack for you. To many nice things to name. You are going to love the experience"

I may be a little too much of a Type A person , but why would I want someone to unpack my luggage? Then how would I know where anything was? I am sure it is a great service for some people but it would probably not work for me.

When I booked the suite on SS Antoinette I did it for the size of the cabin, the walkout balcony that can turn into an atrium, and location on the ship. The butler service is included. We have experienced the same thing when staying at Sandals resorts. We don't let them pack and unpack. However, even though we don't choose to add butler service but choose the cabin/room we want and if it is included we find there really are some nice touches that add to the enjoyment of the trip.

I may be a little too much of a Type A person , but why would I want someone to unpack my luggage? Then how would I know where anything was?

In all honesty, there's just not that many options for places to put things in your cabin. The closet for hanging clothes and a few small drawers :)