Charlottetown DIY tours - right off the ship

Trekker954

I've been reading that once you get off the ship, there will be bus tours, taxis, etc you can chose from on a whim.

One of my best tours was on british isles. We got off the ship in invergordan and there was a $10 comfy tour bus took us through scenic area, dropped us in town for a couple of hours and met up with us again. The cruiseship tour for this same routing was $149.

So what exactly will be happening with options when we get off the ship in Charlottetown? Besides walking tours that is? Are the taxi tours, like in the caribbean, they'll be attacking us as we disembark and putting together a group?

I've been reading that once you get off the ship, there will be bus tours, taxis, etc you can chose from on a whim.

One of my best tours was on british isles. We got off the ship in invergordan and there was a $10 comfy tour bus took us through scenic area, dropped us in town for a couple of hours and met up with us again. The cruiseship tour for this same routing was $149.

So what exactly will be happening with options when we get off the ship in Charlottetown? Besides walking tours that is? Are the taxi tours, like in the caribbean, they'll be attacking us as we disembark and putting together a group?

Hi Linda

We just walked out of the terminal (many stalls) and asked a taxi to take us somewhere for 3 hours (@ $60/hour) but including Cavendish and a look at 'A of GGland'. There were 3-4 waiting there, but no pressure whatsoever. We used a nice man called Alan Collier alanwcollier@gmail.com and were very pleased.

3 short videos of what we did are amongst those in the Atlantic Canada & New England link below in my signature. if that's of interest. When you've come back the port area and Charlottetown are very nice to walk around - they are not shy of telling you they are the birthplace of confederation :) and there is very good public wifi at Founders' Hall, which is also the place for tourist information. All the best, Tony