Questions about parking pre cruise

MsMistiS

I asked this in the home port section but thought I would put it here as well because it looks as if this board gets more traffic. So very sorry for the repeat.

My fiance and I will be arriving in NOLA on September 14th for our wedding then cruising on the Carnival Dream the 18th. We are staying in the French Quarter and our hotels parking options are very pricey and they do not allow parking for the cruise. We would prefer to just park the car in a single location for the whole trip. Do you have any suggestions on the best parking for this? We plan to leave our cruise luggage in the car while in town and our wedding items while we are on the cruise so it will need to be a very secure location.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've done it at Fulton before but if you're paying for a cab to and from your hotel, you may not save much if it's just one night. I do recommend Fulton for parking during your cruise. I've used them three times and I'll use them next time.

http://www.neworleansparking.com

We will be there for 4 days pre cruise. I did see in other post that Fulton was a good choice but wasn't sure if we would pay the cruise rate for the full trip or would pay the hotel rate for 4 days then cruise rate for 7 days.

Our hotel only has valet parking and that is $32 a day. I'm not willing to pay that much for the 4 days we will be there.

We will be there for 4 days pre cruise. I did see in other post that Fulton was a good choice but wasn't sure if we would pay the cruise rate for the full trip or would pay the hotel rate for 4 days then cruise rate for 7 days.

Our hotel only has valet parking and that is $32 a day. I'm not willing to pay that much for the 4 days we will be there.

Four days may be worth it. You probably have to pay their hotel rate for the four days. You'll probably spend $20 on cab rides to and from the hotel. That's $100 instead of $130+valet tips.

Is it possible to take the streetcar from Fulton to the French Quarter? We are staying at the Hotel Monteleone which is on Royal St. That may save us on the cab ride at least.

You'd have to walk to and from these streetcar stops

99098d7a961609fd618f6b79d9449cd4.jpg

2995f5247d83646668a4e24879e64797.jpg

I asked this in the home port section but thought I would put it here as well because it looks as if this board gets more traffic. So very sorry for the repeat.

My fiance and I will be arriving in NOLA on September 14th for our wedding then cruising on the Carnival Dream the 18th. We are staying in the French Quarter and our hotels parking options are very pricey and they do not allow parking for the cruise. We would prefer to just park the car in a single location for the whole trip. Do you have any suggestions on the best parking for this? We plan to leave our cruise luggage in the car while in town and our wedding items while we are on the cruise so it will need to be a very secure location.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I know you said single location, but it might save you money to check out this page to look for a lot closer to your hotel that doesn't charge the hotel rate that Fulton might. When we went 3 years ago and stayed in the Sheraton, my boyfriend dropped me and an overnight bag off at the hotel then parked 2 blocks away for $13. We moved our car to Fulton the next day.

http://neworleans.bestparking.com/

You might also consider calling Fulton and seeing if they can give you some kind of break on the rate since you would be using them for the duration of your cruise as well.

On a non-parking note since you want to be carless definitely check out the Jazzy Pass for public transit $9 for 3 days of unlimited riding on any RTA bus or Street car. They also have daily ones for $3.

http://www.norta.com/Fares-Passes/Jazzy-Pass.aspx

PS I'm on the Sept 18 Dream Cruise as well :)

I know you said single location, but it might save you money to check out this page to look for a lot closer to your hotel that doesn't charge the hotel rate that Fulton might. When we went 3 years ago and stayed in the Sheraton, my boyfriend dropped me and an overnight bag off at the hotel then parked 2 blocks away for $13. We moved our car to Fulton the next day.

http://neworleans.bestparking.com/

You might also consider calling Fulton and seeing if they can give you some kind of break on the rate since you would be using them for the duration of your cruise as well.

On a non-parking note since you want to be carless definitely check out the Jazzy Pass for public transit $9 for 3 days of unlimited riding on any RTA bus or Street car. They also have daily ones for $3.

http://www.norta.com/Fares-Passes/Jazzy-Pass.aspx

PS I'm on the Sept 18 Dream Cruise as well :)

I've never used that website, but to the point of parking in other garages...Last December I had a 2-night stay in New Orleans and since the commerce street garage (Hilton Garden Inn) on neworleansparking.com was only $15/night and just three blocks from my hotel I parked there instead of paying $30/night + valet tips at the hotel. It got the job done and saved money but man was it a pain. They told me I had to park on like the 9th or 10th floor or higher. Each floor you had to go up two ramps. There was two-way traffic on the ramps so sometimes you'd have to back up and let another vehicle down...and then the fit was so tight you'd have to work with the other vehicle for them to get around you without hitting each other. In some cases a car would be parked in front of the ramp making the fit even tighter. It would be easier if you have a smaller car. I have a full size truck...It got the job done but parking there was a 20-30min ordeal. Again...might be worth it if it's going to be parked for 4 days.