Canceled May 20 Excursions

wilal

I don't know if this is an allowable post but I wanted to put it up if I can.

I was booked on the May 20 Summit sailing that was canceled.

After I got over the initial shock I really apprecialted the way that Celebrity offered to refund the full cost of our cruisetour and booked us on a similar alternate cruisetour at no cost and how my TA from AAA stayed 2 1/2 hours late to help make it happen.

I also really want to express my gratitude to the tour operators I had booked excursions with, all of which are highly recommended on this board.

They all immediately offered to refund our complete deposit although they have only a week to try to book other passengers. In the cases where I'll be in the same port on another day they worked to rebook me for the new dates when I requested that as an alternative to a refund.

The tours I had booked were:

Juneau May 22

Captain Larry Whalewatch

Alaska Fly and Fish Bear Country Tour

Sitka May 24

Puffins and Whales

Icy Strait Point May 25

F.I.S.H.E.S. Wildlife and Whalewatch

Thanks again to everyone who worked to help turn a disaster into a minor setback.

Wow! I'm glad everything has worked out.

I'm curious why it was cancelled. What did they say the reason was?

Was the sailing also cancelled? did they relly give a full refund and you didn't have to pay for the alternate? Or have I misinterpreted your post?

Hi,

The entire sailing was canceled. They need to replace the starboard thrust bearing in the propulsion system. :eek:

I am still feeling disoriented and distressed because we were soooo excited about leaving on this cruise next week. It is my first major cruise and my husband's first ever. We are going for our 25th anniversary.

But yes, they fully refunded our money and booked the new cruisetour at no cost. That has made it a lot easier to adjust. :)

Fortunately, since all of the tour operators worked with me and my supervisor at work agreed to change my vacation even though it is the next fiscal year for us (we work a July 1 to June 30 calendar) I think I will end up being happy.

I guess now I have the joy of planning and anticipating a while longer.

Aleeta

Archived