Big drop in price

1jazzylady1

Generally you're not entitled to any kind of refund after final payment date. What you (or your travel agent, if you used one) could do is try to negotiate with the cruise line for either a higher category cabin if one is available at a similar price point or some type of shipboard credit.

Not saying that either request will be granted, but it's worth a shot.

OOPS -- Just saw your other thread. It appears you have no recourse.

Edited by elycelynne

Generally you're not entitled to any kind of refund after final payment date. What you (or your travel agent, if you used one) could do is try to negotiate with the cruise line for either a higher category cabin if one is available at a similar price point or some type of shipboard credit.

Not saying that either request will be granted, but it's worth a shot.

OOPS -- Just saw your other thread. It appears you have no recourse.

Thanks for responding. I am not happy but that is my fault for not waiting book. My solo rate is 3 times what some people. I have an inside cabin and can't even upgraded to a outside. I have learned my lesson.

The disadvantage of waiting to book is that you don't know if a cabin will be available, or what cabin locations will be available, so some people prefer to book earlier. I know that cruise lines are trying very hard to get people to book early and seem to be offering better early pricing...but they are still overly optimistic about what prices they can get so there seem to be plenty of last-minute deals this year, especially for Caribbean cruises.

I always book relatively last-minute, but it isn't for everyone. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Did you book through NCL? I have been talking with my PCC and he said that I have until the night before the cruise to upgrade my cabin due to price drops.

I haven't cruised with NCL yet, maybe in the future if I don't get turned off from cruising again. This is my first time cruising in years because I didn't enjoy my last trips on RCCL. I figured try the Queen Mary 2 for a new experience.

If you are a couple you can each pay $799, I as a solo am paying $2400 inside. So, it had better be a luxury experience and worth the money. It pisses me off and maybe by sailing day I will be in better spirits. lol

Sympathy from friends does help. It is a hard lesson I learned. Cunard has devalued the cruise.

Have you tried offering more money to buy up to a more expensive cabin at the current reduced prices???

THANK YOU!!!

I did what you said and I was upgraded from my inside cabin to a balcony. I did spend time at work emailing and calling and it worked. I had to get my TA involved and she had no hope. I persisted and I was upgraded for FREE. YEAH!:D

The Cunard agent told me today was my lucky day and she was right.