Sailing from Brisbane Australia

RMS Olympic

I am booked on a cruise from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea in March 2016. I realize it is a long way off, but planning is exciting for me.

I will be flying into Brisbane for a pre-cruise stay and would like to find about Brisbane. Is it a walkable city?

Are there recommended places to dine, meet some locals?

I am sailing on Princess and intend to use their air (Virgin Australia), and their hotel near the cruise port.

Any insight into Brisbane or websites that would help plan a short stay in the city would be a great help.

Thanks

Tom

Hey Tom, the airport and the cruise terminal are close to each other but are way out of the city. How long are you in Brisbane for? It is spread wide and the main centre of the city is just shopping. There are beautiful parks and the river is nice but if you are staying for one or two days before the cruise I would suggest that you travel to the Gold coast which is about 55 minutes south. The Gold Coast offers way more with a beautiful hinterland, fantastice beaches and more. There are no beaches in Brisbane. You can take the train from the Airport to the Gold Coast and then back to near the Cruise terminal. There will only ever be one ship at a time so the crowds on checking in are not bad. If you would like some more info please message me and I will send you links etc. Can you let me know the dates and how many days you are here etc and I will offer some other travel suggestions.