Transferring a reservation

GACRUISER456

I currently have 2 reservations booked through a travel agent and would like to transfer them to a new agency. Does anyone have experience with the window of time in which this can be done? I am getting different answers from travel agents and Azamara. One says it has to be done 60 days from the booking date (I know this is the case when moving from Azamara to a travel agent). The other says 60 days prior to sailing when between agents.

Thanks!

I currently have 2 reservations booked through a travel agent and would like to transfer them to a new agency. Does anyone have experience with the window of time in which this can be done? I am getting different answers from travel agents and Azamara. One says it has to be done 60 days from the booking date (I know this is the case when moving from Azamara to a travel agent). The other says 60 days prior to sailing when between agents.

Thanks!

The key issue is whether the new agent will get any commission no matter when it is transferred.

Thanks!

Hi Gacruiser,

I believe the policy is within 60 days from the initial booking date. I may be wrong about this, but I believe the current TA (as well as the new TA)must sign off on this, so that's where it gets somewhat complicated. Perhaps another member can confirm this.

At any rate, I'd suggest contacting Azamara for the proper explanation. Hope this helps !