Millennium Cabin Selection help

deeis50

Hello,

We are taking our first cruise to Alaska in Sept. Can some one help me select a

perfect cabin. I am going between a C3 or Veranda or OV. I am trying to keep

price in mind but I do not want to get a obsructed cabin either. It is on the millennium.

You will be crusing at the end of the season, and there may be some rain and cold temps.

We did Alaska 4 times, and twice in the summmer and twice in Sept.

As far as cabin selection: I would select a balcony cabin, just to have the opportunity to step outside and see the sights.

Cabins on deck 6 forward with balconies (the first 8 on each side) have larger balconies and we like these just for the balcony space.

Our favorite is the corner FV...wonderful interior space and a huge balcony with wonderful views.

We avoid deck 9 as cabins have an overhang over the balcony, but others like them.

We have had an OV on the Mercury, (first trip to Alaska) and it was OK, but now that we have had balconies, we prefer them.

Take rain gear, and layer with fleece, sweaters, and a waterproof jacket.

DH and I will be on the Millennium in August for our first time to Alaska too:). After much studying, chose a mid ship C2 cabin on deck 8, 8080. Careful of 8049 - originally our TA had given us that cabin and I found out it had an obstructed view, the window washing equipment. Also really thought about getting an AQ cabin, as they were $200 cheaper. Problem is the only ones available were on deck 9, right below the pool area and buffet. There will be new AQ cabins being built on deck 11 when Millie goes into drydock next April, but decided against those too. Didn't want to be so far aft and high up, right behind the smokestack (didn't know if that would be an issue or not) so we chose to be on deck 8 where there are only rooms above and below, and on the starboard side where we are located there aren't any doors across the hallway either. There are inside rooms, but their doors are on the port side. Hope this helps.

DH and I will be on the Millennium in August for our first time to Alaska too:). After much studying, chose a mid ship C2 cabin on deck 8, 8080. Careful of 8049 - originally our TA had given us that cabin and I found out it had an obstructed view, the window washing equipment. Also really thought about getting an AQ cabin, as they were $200 cheaper. Problem is the only ones available were on deck 9, right below the pool area and buffet. There will be new AQ cabins being built on deck 11 when Millie goes into drydock next April, but decided against those too. Didn't want to be so far aft and high up, right behind the smokestack (didn't know if that would be an issue or not) so we chose to be on deck 8 where there are only rooms above and below, and on the starboard side where we are located there aren't any doors across the hallway either. There are inside rooms, but their doors are on the port side. Hope this helps.[/quote

Thank you~ very much

Hello,

We are taking our first cruise to Alaska in Sept. Can some one help me select a

perfect cabin. I am going between a C3 or Veranda or OV. I am trying to keep

price in mind but I do not want to get a obsructed cabin either. It is on the millennium.

I was on the Millie last April and you can't miss by getting cabin 7208.

Archived