Banana Beach Resort or Tranquility Bay - Trujillo

dfranks

we went to banana beach resort in November. it is very secluded; 30 minutes by school bus. its somewhat smaller than what one thinks of when one thinks "resort". there is a pool, cold water spa and a small waterslide. the bar area is covered with something like 6 tables and bar stool seating as well. there is a second bar out on the beach. the resort's beach runs probably 150 yards and there are lounge chairs to use. the weather right before our visit had been very bad for days so the beach itself had a little debris on it but not much. it most certainly wasn't raked like you see elsewhere but that just isn't the vibe of this place. the food was fantastic and reasonably priced. drinks as well. the resort is run by a guy from Texas and his daughter does the marketing. she is a recent university of Texas graduate and also writes children's books. unfortunately she was at the port selling books the day of our visit and we missed her. the staff at the resort was very attentive, particularly the wait staff at the bar and pool. the f&b manager is a German guy (i suck at names) who was a pleasure to talk with. it was an extremely good first impression remembering that we were on I think only the fourth ship to port in Trujillo. we will definitely visit again.

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to decide between these two private beaches. Could anyone who went to either of these two let me know their thoughts, pros, cons, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Hi Dan

We just returned on Saturday. We went to Tranquility Bay. We LOVED It. We elected to rent a cabana for the day for our family of 4. We also paid to use their transportation. Initially we were supposed to go to Roatan. After finding out that we were switched, I researched the boards and found Tranquility Bay and contacted the owners Linda and Larry. They were great to work with. Unfortunately, after the cruise ship started arriving the cabs started increasing their prices to $25 per person. Larry and Linda made arrangements to have people brought in by boats. So yes, we did pay for the transportation through them, but it was maybe $40-$45. I paid that in Cozumel for a cab; so I thought it was fair.

The cabana had a queen bed, 2 twin beds, small couch, bathroom, small kitchen, plus the front porch had 2 chairs and hammock. We could have gotten away with the day pass also. But it was nice to have a place to put our stuff and to put our 5 year old down for a nap, if he needed it. The food was good. I thought their prices were fair. We paid $10 for a quesadilla with rice/beans, $16 for bbq chicken with rice/beans and $6 for banana chips (YUMMY) and guacamole. The drinks were also reasonable. $2 for a Pepsi or coke. $3 Gatorade. $4 for a frozen drink. The beach was nice too. They have 2 medium size dogs, 2 monkeys, some birds and horses. My husband and 11 year old went snorkeling for $40 / person and said it was fabulous.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Just returned! Had a really good time at Tranquility. Glad we chose it.

I have a few things I thing they need to change ASAP to stay open and awesome, but will return later with a full review :-)

I would love to read your review and your thoughts on what can change at Tranquility Bay. Glad you had a good time.

Just returned! Had a really good time at Tranquility. Glad we chose it.

I have a few things I thing they need to change ASAP to stay open and awesome, but will return later with a full review :-)

I would love to read your review and your thoughts on what can change at Tranquility Bay. Glad you had a good time.

Ditto that. We have booked there in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have problems communicating with Tranquility Bay? I have attempted 2 times to make a reservation on their website and once by directly emailing them. I really want to go spend the day there. It sounds like the perfect place for the group I am traveling with, but am getting nervous as to the lack of response time from them.

Anyone else have problems communicating with Tranquility Bay? I have attempted 2 times to make a reservation on their website and once by directly emailing them. I really want to go spend the day there. It sounds like the perfect place for the group I am traveling with, but am getting nervous as to the lack of response time from them.

I have had a delay in response from them - say 24 hours, but no, they had always gotten back to me quickly. Is this the e-mail address you are using tranquilitybay@gmail.com ?

If you are not getting a response, maybe it is going into their spam filter. I would put a note up on their facebook page and let them know you are trying to e-mail them. You can also send them an e-mail through facebook.

We are also trying to decide between these 2 resorts. We leave this Saturday, so I am running out of time to decide :)

I know it's a new stop and there just aren't many reviews out there on this port.

The biggest difference is the transportation getting there. Banana Beach Resort is a bus ride and Tranquility Bay is by boat.

1501034654_IPhone6104.jpg.2896e8fbccb826f8fb7caface94222f5.jpg

496941653_IPhone6103.jpg.3e26a463cadceb0590b1420997cc7a12.jpg