The Alhambra

b7440

There are quite a few seta of stairs in Alhambra that might make using a scooter difficult. There are numerous areas on the grounds that would be viable though as well. If you travel up from the plaza in Grenada below Alhambra please note that it is a long up hill walk. A taxi to the top might be easier with a scooter. It is a tremendous place to visit with fantastic views of Granada. Well worth the trip.

I have visited the Alhambra with a small mobility scooter. You can visit most of the gardens and the Nasrid Palace. There is a long ramp at the entrance to the Nasrid Palace and the guard will open a separate entrance so it is step Free.

You will be able to see quite lot of the Palace and most of the gardens. When I went about a year ago with the scooter I didn't mind not seeing some as I had already visited three or four times before I had mobility issues.

Although you won't be able to see all unless you can walk a little bit IMHO it is still worth going.

From the centre of Granada there is a little disabled friendly ditto train that will put your scooter onboard and one of the stops is the Alhambra. I think it costs about €7 and is valid all day. Taxis are cheap and will put a small scooter in the boot.

We took a taxi up to the Alhambra and walked back down into the town.

Alhambra tickets need to be booked well in advance and your 'carer' will get free entrance.