Help, cruising SOON!!!

sailing suzie

I need to hear from some of u experienced cruisers. We have several that will be leaving NOv 7th from Mobile and they wanted me to ask you all IF you can take hangers that are not plastic on board in the hang-up garment bag??? Also I personally want to know what kind of clothes I need to bring for day time wear. I looked on the weather for next week for cozumel and it says 70's. Just a general idea of what I need for day wear??? I am getting excited and some what worried that I have the right clothes picked out, YES it is my first cruise and I am looking so forward to it. My hubby and I have waited all year for this cruise, we usually go to the Smoky Mountains for a week but we decided to do something different this year. So I would love to hear some of your advice for someone who's new at this and very excited about the cruise. Just needing some reassurance I guess!!!!!:)

Sailing soon...................................

I had clothes hung in my garment bag that were not plastic hangers (straight from dry cleaners), and I did not run into any problem. I too am sailing on the 7th, from Miami. I can't wait to go either! I would take all summer clothes.. Cozumel will be warm!! (Was there last October). And most of all ENJOY! Go with a positive attitude and you will have a great time!

Karen

The 1st time we cruised I took all these short outfits and then some more comfty shorts and t-shirts to hang out in the cabin in and I ended up wearing only the comfy shorts and t-shirts. It is very casual. I spent alot of my time in my swimsuit with either a cover-up on or shorts.

It is very relaxed dress wise. Have a great time!

It is a good idea to take a sweater along because sometimes the dining room is cold. The decks are also windy and cool when sailing. Just bring comfortable clothes. A good pair of walking shoes are good for the tours, as many involve quite a bit of walking. If you have an inside cabin, a nightlight is handy to have. Did you know that there is also a laundry on each deck with washers and dryers at $2 per load? There are also irons available for free. Just relax and have a wonderful time. Ask all the questions you have and someone is sure to answer them for you.

YES! BRING A SWEATER.

We cruised 2 years ago, and I was freezing everytime we were inside.

It is also windy on the deck at night.

I made a mental note to bring a sweater on our next cruise, which will be on the Valor on May 8th!

ENJOY!!!

Actually, we (our group of 5) will be ON the same ship with you Suzie but I'm like you about what to pack! All in the group have cruised before except one but the weather is acting really goofy right now. We will be driving to Mobile from Florida and it looks like things are about to really cool off here.

I always take a sweater and a lightweight jacket because I totally agree with the previous post that stated that the dining room is rather cool and I have also gotten cold in the shows and the deck can be very windy and cool as well.

I go for comfort now but I don't want to freeze in my comfy summer capri pants!

I sure hope you and your hubby have a great time.

We're are really getting close now! Yeah!

Well, if yall miss the ship, we'll miss it also, emechen..........Maybe they are going the day before?

Glad to see more people actually are on the ship!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great time. Are you all packed? Gotta get started soon.....

Wish we'd all been on the board sooner and maybe we could have all gotten together. Hey, had a CC group.

Ginny

I personally hang my stuff on plastic because of the wrinkles...also put plastic bags over them. Bring a cheap shoe bag and hang it in your closet..you'd be amazed how much stuff you can put in it. Bring shorts, t-shorts, tennis shoes, sadals, bathing suit, cover up, two pair of long pants for dinner and tops and dress shoes for pants. You'll be wearing more casual stuff then dress stuff.

Archived