moderate hotel in Seattle near port?

mabel

Hi,

We are planning to take the train from Portland to Seattle on a Thurs. for our Friday departure on RCI. We would like to stay one night in a reasonably priced hotel. I would appreciate hearing about any favorites. I usually like a three star minimum. Thanks for any suggestions Mabel

How much do you want to spend? I live in Seattle and stayed at The Mediterranean Inn on Lower Queen Anne for a few days while having my hardwood floors refinished. It's not fancy, but it's clean and comfortable.

Now, it's not walking distance to the port, however, but it's only a 5 minute cab ride. The price was $99/night (which is hard to find in the city!).

Unfortunately most hotels really close to downtown and the port are super expensive ($200+).

Chelsea, Thanks for your suggestion. I really would like to be near the port since we don't have much luggage. I want to stay UNDER 200. The place you mentioned seems nice. I will check it out. THANKS

Mabel-

I researched this issue for our upcoming trip. I came up with Sixth Avenue Inn. It is about $130 per night - within a few blocks of Pier 66. I found it by going to Hotels.com and plugging in Pier 66 under nearby attractions. I booked it directly through the hotel's website. Since I haven't stayed there yet I can't vouch for the hotel but it looks nice. I wanted to be close to the pier and pike place market, etc so we could do a little sightseeing before boarding our ship.

Comfort Suites Seattle Center is great IMHO.. they have continental breakfast, arrange inexpensive transfer to ship for you and will also take you downtown and pick you up for sightseeing.. my group last year liked it just fine :) And it was much much less expensive than being "right downtown"

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. You have given me some things to check out and to think about. We are taking the train up from Portland so we will already be closer to downtown.

I'm looking forward to going a day or so earlier-- if I can afford to !! THANKS

Hey Fsunole:

Thanks for the tip - I went to bidding for travel and following their tips got a 4* Westin for $139 on priceline (cheapest internet rate is $239) - the same price as the 1* sixth avenue inn I had booked! I'm hooked - it's priceline for me now on.

• 2 weeks later...

Deb, Just curious if you stayed at the Inn yet and if so, how was it?

We are arriving in Seattle at the Amtrak Station and are still looking for a hotel suggestion near the port/ downtown area.

thanks to anyone with any more suggestions !!! chris

Deb, Just curious if you stayed at the Inn yet and if so, how was it?

We are arriving in Seattle at the Amtrak Station and are still looking for a hotel suggestion near the port/ downtown area.

thanks to anyone with any more suggestions !!! chris

I used priceline.. and we stayed at the doubletree airport for 49.00.. 32.00 cab ride from the amtrak.. but the hotel was wonderful.. great accomedations.. top notch..

for the 32.00 and the 49.00 your not going to find a better deal.. then they have free 24 hour shuttle to the airport.. the hotel does.. leaves every 15 minutes I believe it does

Jim

We stayed at the Moore Hotel, downtown. Around $100 for our family of 4. Old, but very clean, however, no 5 star designation!!! Easy walking distance... though hilly... to the Pikes Market and the pier. Quick cab ride to Amtrack station. No air conditioning, but a fan was enough during our overnight 3 weeks ago. For a $200 limit, I'm sure you can do nicer, but I'd stay at the Moore again, as long as the weather wasn't too warm.

If you belong to AAA, Crowne Plaza right downtown is $159.00 including taxes (or was a few weeks ago). Some friends and I are arriving a day early in July. Very convenient within walking distance of all downtown attractions and close to the pier as well.

What day are you travelling?

I've been using Priceline to get a downtown Seattle hotel for 7/21 (1 nite). Was unsuccessful until few days ago. Got a 3* (Red Lion Hotel on Fifth) for $120/nite. The going rate on the hotel's website is $225+. Wish could have gotten it for lower but July is an expensive month in Seattle.

Yellow Cab cost $7.00 from Pier to Red Lion and $29 from Red Lion to SeaTac.

Archived