Getaway Bartender "Bong"

kenoqueen

What an excellent bartender, truly makes a cruise.... visit him on the Getaway at the mojito bar! He will have you trying typical bar tricks and have you laughing the entire time, feel free to tip him a little extra he deserves it as well as his sidekick.

We were so glad to see him on the Getaway last week. He remembered us from the Sun. I told him about everyone inquiring about him. He said he doesn't go on cruise critics but to say hello to everyone and he is very humbled you all remember him.

He's such a genuinely nice guy. Unfortunately our cruise was diverted from its original itinerary because of a hurricane or tropical storm (I never watched the news so I have no idea what it was) and went to Cozumel (which we love) and Jamaica. Guess that means we have to do a do-over next year on the Getaway (aw shucks :-) )

Also, if you haven't sailed on the Getaway, it's a must do!

Lorelei was also on the Getaway at both sugar cane and wave. Her an Bong are my two favorite bartenders with NCL!

We LOVED Lorelie! She absolutely made our trip a blast. She and Rod were a hit on the pool deck. Can't wait to go again.

• 3 months later...

Just got off Getaway, and had a GREAT time at Sugarcanes with Bong and Lorelei!

I think Bong goes on vacation in May and will then go to the Escape in the fall. He may do a month on the Sun in between.

Those two are the best!!

I think Bong goes on vacation in May and will then go to the Escape in the fall. He may do a month on the Sun in between.

Those two are the best!!

Bong is totally awesome. What a great guy

• 2 months later...
Hi all!

We sail on the Getaway May 2. It will be our 5th week on her :)

Does anyone know if Bong will still be on board then?? He's great! Thanks in advance!

Bong should be on board until the end of June, I believe.

Those two are the best!!

I've spent several other of our trips with Lorelie at the martini bars and she is phenomenal. "Happy" has also been with us several times, and told me that both Bong and Berwin are great on the Getaway.

We were told that he will be on board Escape for the 10/29/15 transatlantic (which we will be on) and then for the subsequent Florida 7 day cruises. He is great...

Correct. He's part of the start up crew, and will be on the Escape for awhile.

• 9 months later...