Is there a reasonable car or buggy rental close to the port?

krisko

I know St Maarten fairly well and I'd like to get a beach buggy or car when I'm there in 2 weeks. I know car rentals near the airport are $20 but I think they're more near the port. Is there a place I can reserve online or I should walk to that's close to port?

Thanks!

I know St Maarten fairly well and I'd like to get a beach buggy or car when I'm there in 2 weeks. I know car rentals near the airport are $20 but I think they're more near the port. Is there a place I can reserve online or I should walk to that's close to port?

Thanks!

$20 is super cheap. What time of year and how far from port?

Right next to the airport which is a 10 minutes or worse drive depending upon traffic. I know I could get a cab there and back but that makes the $20 rental car about $50 with cabs and is more hassle.

Right next to the airport which is a 10 minutes or worse drive depending upon traffic. I know I could get a cab there and back but that makes the $20 rental car about $50 with cabs and is more hassle.

You could also bus it each way for $2 pp each way. For $20 dollars that might be worth it. We rented at the pier and paid over $90 a day in the winter with many ships in and pay $125-$150 in the summer for a week near the airport.

Last summer, we used Hertz. It was about $50 for the day. It was nice to have our own car and view the island at our own pace. Just make sure you know what you want to do. We reserved our car in advance. Very easy to do.

Edited by lmsdf

Last summer, we used Hertz. It was about $50 for the day. It was nice to have our own car and view the island at our own pace. Just make sure you know what you want to do. We reserved our car in advance. Very easy to do.

That's what I would expect to pay for 1 day at the pier in the summer. For that price I don't think it's worth even bussing to an airport rental location.