Bernard's Tour - How early do you need to book

LuCruise

My in-laws did this tour just last week and said it was well worth the money. I asked her about Bernard's specifically because I've booked us with him for our upcoming cruise. I will ask her about the issues brought up here- length of tour, crowded vans, etc and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My in-laws did this tour just last week and said it was well worth the money. I asked her about Bernard's specifically because I've booked us with him for our upcoming cruise. I will ask her about the issues brought up here- length of tour, crowded vans, etc and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! That would be great!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just talked to her. She did say it was long- 9-3:30, a little too long for her, but she says she's old. She's really not, but my BIL and his family were with her, including a 13 y/o boy and they all had a great time. Mailman was their guide, and she said he was awesome. Said van wasn't too crowded and they had good strong rum punch.

Stayed at Orient beach 1 1/2 hours. She said she didn't have any complaints about the beach chairs, said they were a good bargain. Food was good, but of course high. She said she didn't like being asked by all the vendors about massages and trinkets, but said when you told them no they didn't pressure.

Also went to the French side for 45 minutes, visited a pastry shop, no incidents at all.

Plenty of time at Maho beach and they got good videos of planes landing.

And as I posted earlier, she said it was well worth the money.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Iguana farm... Not a farm. Someone noticed where iguanas hang out, put an old schoolbus there, put down some astroturf or carpet, and then puts out lettuce.

On our day it had rained and the iguanas were in the trees, which was FAR cooler than if they had been on the pallets.

Sea urchin... I was VERY disturbed at the *sea* life the guy had just sitting on a board with no water around. The pointy urchin was having his spines broken off with every movement the guy made. He was just passing around the seastar (a spidery looking one) and he would just plunk the sea creatures onto peoples' hands. And he talked, quickly, and rather blurrily. Went on and on about how most creatures like that have 5...something...urchins have 5 lines on them, etc etc. No clue what he was talking about.

I felt at the time that that stop was for the overlook thing, but yeah, it must have been for the urchin guy's sake.

So so so unimpressed with Sarafina's. :(

Liked Orient, but only as we left did we see that wifi was included (and they post the password right there on a sign) with the lounger rental. I had a better, and longer, beach day at Daytona after the cruise ended, though.

Iguana farm... Not a farm. Someone noticed where iguanas hang out, put an old schoolbus there, put down some astroturf or carpet, and then puts out lettuce.

On our day it had rained and the iguanas were in the trees, which was FAR cooler than if they had been on the pallets.

Sea urchin... I was VERY disturbed at the *sea* life the guy had just sitting on a board with no water around. The pointy urchin was having his spines broken off with every movement the guy made. He was just passing around the seastar (a spidery looking one) and he would just plunk the sea creatures onto peoples' hands. And he talked, quickly, and rather blurrily. Went on and on about how most creatures like that have 5...something...urchins have 5 lines on them, etc etc. No clue what he was talking about.

I felt at the time that that stop was for the overlook thing, but yeah, it must have been for the urchin guy's sake.

So so so unimpressed with Sarafina's. :(

Liked Orient, but only as we left did we see that wifi was included (and they post the password right there on a sign) with the lounger rental. I had a better, and longer, beach day at Daytona after the cruise ended, though.

Exactly. I just felt like our entire day in St. Martin was spent on the bus and the stops were just way too short and uninteresting. Our kids were 10 & 11 at the time and were bored out of their minds.