Horseback Riding

chester2012

• 3 weeks later...

Will you be in PR for a short port call or are you staying pre/post-cruise? The answer might affect your possibilities as to how far from port you will be able to travel to do this. There are several companies that offer this type of service. While I can't give you a review on any (and quite frankly, I have not seen any here on CC) you can do a Google search for "puerto rico beach horseback riding" and you'll see all the possible companies that can accommodate you.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, I'm focusing my research on Hacienda Carabali and Palmas del Mar. Ideally, I'd like to find a place where the horses are well cared for and spirited where I can tour the local countryside seeing the sights and experiencing the local culture, not just a routine nose-to-tail trail ride. I like riding at various paces and appreciate a mount that doesn't need to be encouraged. I'll be very interested in any replies to this thread, especially from any equestrian locals.

Bechi

I have been on the Tropical Trail Rides in Isabella (west side of the island). It is nose to tail, but at a variety of speeds. The guide and I talked about the care of horses typical here in Puerto Rico and she seemed the type who would not work for a company that was not caring for its horses. The ride was both on the beach and through an almond forest. My family really enjoyed it.