Just back from the Carnival Paradise.

jman1972

I forgot to review the final night show. It was called shout and I think it was well performed. The male and female leads did a great job and I was impressed. We also saw both family friendly comedy shows and they were very good too. My favorite part of the entertainment was the band Blood Power they played in the Leonardo lounge every night and I was there to see them every time they played. They have some really great musical skills and perform the cover songs very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the review. Now that I'm seeing the pics I have remembered how beautiful she is. She was my first ship from 2012. However i have bwen spending more time in the Royal boards since my next cruise is on Enchantment. I am sad to say that we shared a similar room/closet that you did :eek: And yes Shout is a great show, I loved it. Paradise looks like the best ship in the Fantasy class. I'm glad you had a great cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

We just got off the Carnival Paradise and we are here in Clearwater relaxing and I decided to start writing my review of the ship. Embarkation went very smooth we arrived at terminal from the airport at 1100 am and we onboard by 1200 the process went very smooth and there were no issues. Went right to the buffet for my mom, wife, and sons. I chose to go to the pizza pirate. Everything was great. We headed to the cabins at about 1245 and they were ready. Even though this ship is old it is in great shape and is very clean. Dinner the first night was in the destiny dining room and all I can say is the food was outstanding every night. The first night I had escargot and smoked duck breast both were great. For my main course I had grilled tilapia and warm melting cake for dessert it was all excellent. We saw the welcome aboard show on the first night and it had a taste of everything that was coming up on the cruise, it was a great show. usavujav.jpga4enanyb.jpgtubeveha.jpgyna7y7ap.jpg3yvane6e.jpgy2a8ybur.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15

And I live in St Pete so it is so nice to have a beautiful ship so close by.

And I live in St Pete so it is so nice to have a beautiful ship so close by.

Unfortunately we will be flying out tomorrow. We had a great day today at Clearwater beach. We had lunch at Crabby Bills, which is one of our favorite places to visit while we are here. We are staying at the Homewood Suites in clearwater which we have really enjoyed. All in all it's been a great trip. The only problem is it's 25 degrees in Illinois right now.

Unfortunately we will be flying out tomorrow. We had a great day today at Clearwater beach. We had lunch at Crabby Bills, which is one of our favorite places to visit while we are here. We are staying at the Homewood Suites in clearwater which we have really enjoyed. All in all it's been a great trip. The only problem is it's 25 degrees in Illinois right now.

Oh, I thought you lived down here. I LOVE Crabby Bills. Next time you are down be sure to try the Conch Republic, mmm. Another great hotel near here is the Holiday Inn Harbourside. If you know what the Oasis or Allure of the Seas is like then that hotels is like that. Some rooms face inn forwards a mini golf course and others face the harbour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse all of the inevitable typos:eek:!!!

Sweet! Dueling Paradise reviews! I'll be back on her in September, so I'm glad to see them. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by dueling? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse all of the inevitable typos:eek:!!!

So my final opinion is that the paradise is an outstanding ship. She may be a little old but she is in great shape. Here are my good and bad

Good- MDR food was nearly perfect every night

Good- I loved the pizza pirate and the deli. The salad bar was great too and the omelette station

Good- the staff was the nicest on any cruise I have taken. My MDR staff was outstanding to say the least

Good- the shows were very well done and we all enjoyed them.

Good- the lido grilled buffet.

Bad- the scrambled eggs were not very good every morning, but I had the omelets every morning, my wife complained about the eggs.

Bad- the bitter and blanc was not as expected.

Bad- debarkation took a little longer than it should have.

All and all an outstanding cruise ship. I would go again tomorrow. If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.