35 Hours in Vancouver w/Red Eye Advice

Hello,

I would sure appreciate some advice to help me plan my upcoming cruise departure stay in Vancouver. We arrive in Vancouver on a Friday, assume we will be off the ship around 8:30 AM and then need to explore Vancouver. Our flight home does not depart Vancouver until 11:30PM the NEXT DAY! My initial thoughts from reading the posts are to check the big luggage at Canada Place to be transferred to the airport. Then I hope to find a hotel nearby that offers late, late check out. I really only want to have to pay for 1 night at a hotel. Any ideas?

Hello,

I would sure appreciate some advice to help me plan my upcoming cruise departure stay in Vancouver. We arrive in Vancouver on a Friday, assume we will be off the ship around 8:30 AM and then need to explore Vancouver. Our flight home does not depart Vancouver until 11:30PM the NEXT DAY! My initial thoughts from reading the posts are to check the big luggage at Canada Place to be transferred to the airport. Then I hope to find a hotel nearby that offers late, late check out. I really only want to have to pay for 1 night at a hotel. Any ideas?

I'd keep your bags the first night - if you send them from CP to the airport you'll also be charged for an extra day's storage on top of the transfer unless you pick them up same day. Checkout beyond ~1pm is the stuff of membership specials, legend, or bribery in Vancouver's cruise season - hotels run very full and folks want to get checked in.

So logistically I would book a downtown hotel in your budget, drop bags there as soon as you disembark (your room won't be ready at 9am), go sightseeing for the day, return and sleep; check out but leave bags with hotel while you sightsee again on day two, then return for them after dinner and head to airport around 8pm which will put you at YVR within the 3 hour pre-flight recommended timeframe.

As to what to do - well, have a look through this very board, plus West Coast Departures and Alaska for ideas. we have dang near anything you could ever want to see, do or eat except really old buildings, ballet & opera (you can find the last two, but they're infrequent).

@Dittos.... once you have short listed a few hotels in your budget. We can provide better advice.

In general....

• I would have your luggage held at the hotel the morning when you arrive off your ship.
  • I would have your luggage held at the hotel the morning of your departure to avoid paying the extra night.