River tubing - safe for non swimmers?

puzzums

I'm a non-swimmer and get nervous when I hear the words "maneuver through the challenges of bubbling rapids". Just how challenging and scary are these rapids? If I understand correctly, the water is pretty shallow the whole way? How deep are the pools at the end?

Thanks.

I'm a non-swimmer and get nervous when I hear the words "maneuver through the challenges of bubbling rapids". Just how challenging and scary are these rapids? If I understand correctly, the water is pretty shallow the whole way? How deep are the pools at the end?

Thanks.

Good, fun question!! Below shows more and explains much for the safety gear that we wore (and needed), plus the good number of staff to help us during our journey during this exciting river in Dominica. Need more info and background?

Check more on our visit at this location and post any added questions there:

For “Dominica Love: Our Experience, Pictures”, check out this posting:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2253384

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 40,958 views for these postings.

After being on the very dry and river-less islands in the Dutch ABC's, we got to enjoy river fun in Dominica. Maybe I have too many pictures here to share, but it was nice to see some the wonderful trees, mountains, fresh water, etc. I did not take my good Nikon D7100 camera on this water trip. Had a Nikon water and shock-proof model that worked very well . . . and survived. I was the first to tumble out of my yellow tube and get stranded in this wild and rocky river. For the sixteen of us, there were four very agile staff members to help us, keep us moving down the rocky river and keep us from serious injury, etc. Yes, we needed these protective helmets and vests. I had a really serious spill/head bump that would have been a hyper "major" problem without that helmet! I really hit that rock hard! The first two pictures show my wife starting her "journey".:

DominicaA13_zpsqylv9xck.jpg

DominicaA15_zpsi4cjrmxi.jpg

DominicaA17_zpsfk5qcktt.jpg

DominicaA16_zpsmfdgxgcx.jpg

DominicaA24_zps3hozhtmj.jpg