FL res rates

moki'smommy

To see current FL res rates, go to the DCL web site. Enter the month you wish to cruise, port, and length of cruise. Then enter the code "FLR." Any cruises that fit your criteria will appear. Currently there are 4 7 night cruises in March and April as well as shorter cruises.

They may not all show up if you just go to the web site and hit "specials."

I found only 3 cruises (total) by clicking on "special offers," but found 8 cruises by clicking on different months and lengths and entering the FLR code. That is current as of tonight (Sunday, Feb. 22).

Edited by moki'smommy

Maybe you could give a little insight I compared the 2015 flr rate against the 2016 inital rate it seems they are the same so I assume the fl discount is just the original price for the remaining rooms?

If you can book on the initial rates, go for it. The FL res rates and *GT rates typically approximate the day 1 rates. But some don't know school schedules, family situations, etc. and by the time they can secure dates, the rates can have increased significantly (we booked 2 cruises at day one rates; both have more than doubled from the price we booked!) Sometimes the FL res rates are slightly lower than day 1, but not usually enough to be excited about.

The good thing about FL res rates (based on current policies) is that if you book at a higher rate and a FL res comes out, DCL will allow you to adjust the booking to the FL res rate. THus, there is no risk in booking in advance.

We got day 1 prices for our next cruise but it would be nice for them if they want to get away on short notice. Disney is also very lenient on what they consider a fl resident. My fil doesn't have a fl I'd but still gets season passes for wdw because he has fl utility bills in his name.