Best beach for photos?

my1stcruise

Anyone have a recommendation for a beach to take family photos? I'd like to have the gorgeous scenery without people or buildings in the background if possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What cruise are you on? What are your other stops.... In Puerto Rico the beaches around San Juan are not what you would consider secluded or calm. Lots of great places for a family photo but maybe not on a beach. You can drive to the east and go into the Rain Forest (El Yunque) or to a beach at that end of the Island. My recommendation would be to find a beach at a different stop and just enjoy Old San Juan.

There are a few beach strips in the Piñones area (near Isla Verde, about a 25 minute cab ride from the piers) that have areas where you can achieve this, especially since some are protected by natural rock walls that serve as wave breakers. The beach behind the Courtyard Marriot and Ritz Carlton in ISla Verde have some places that, if you get creative composing your shot, you will get great pictures. The beach behind the Caribe Hilton (about 5 minutes from the piers) can also serve you for this purpose.

If you are there pre or post cruise, I would suggest Culebra. The beaches on that island are really nice.

If driving is ok- what about out to Luquillo Beach- it's one that is pretty common in Puerto Rico Tourism things I've seen. (nice beach, too)