OCTOBER 14, 2014 From Barcelona-Venice overnight

jatnova

A couple of questions.

Have the rules regarding buying tickets to "cut the lines" the Sistine Chapel changed? Does everyone have to wait in the same line?

The excursion to Cinque Terre is there a lot of difficult walking? I know there is a lot of walking just not sure how difficult.

Thanks,

Joe

I can't answer your question about the Sistine Chapel....but we did the Cinque Terra excursion last summer off a Princess ship from L I rondo. It involved a bit of walking but not terribly difficult. I had hip replacement surgery four months prior so had to be cautious and had no problem. You do have to be careful getting on and off the boats used to get from town to town, but just watch your footing. It was an excellent excursion.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I did this tour on the NCL Spirit in June. The tour bus drops you above the first town (Manzarola?), and you walk down (600 feet) to the water. There were steps as well as cobblestone paths, but no one in our group had any issues. We then boarded the ferry, going to two more villages. As I remember I wore hiking boots due to an old heel/ankle injury but didn't really need them - tennis shoes or hiking sandals would have been just fine.

This was really an awesome excursion. Make sure you have your camera battery fully charged as there are thousands of photo opportunities.