Regal Princess vs. Allure of the Seas

tampacruiser

Have a cruise booked on Allure for March for daughters HS graduation. We did Oasis last year and know that Allure is pretty much the same. Now having thoughts of cancelling that reservation and switching to Regal Princess. I know the entertainment will not be the same level as the AOS, but in reading reviews, the Regal gets higher marks for food and overall the reviews on Regal are much better than the latest ones on AOS. This would be our first Princess cruise....history: 3 RCL, 2 HAL, 2 Celebrity, 1 Carnival....Any thoughts?

I was/am a Princess Elite level with boarding my 26th cruise this Sunday on the Regal.

I took a break last few years and did the Allure and Oasis a few times each.

Then in September tried the Royal. Saying all this – I suggest you stay with Allure with a teenager.

The Royal/Regal are nice ships but nowhere compare to what you get on the Allure. Just the average age group is like 20 years different….

Just my 2cents

Have a cruise booked on Allure for March for daughters HS graduation. We did Oasis last year and know that Allure is pretty much the same. Now having thoughts of cancelling that reservation and switching to Regal Princess. I know the entertainment will not be the same level as the AOS, but in reading reviews, the Regal gets higher marks for food and overall the reviews on Regal are much better than the latest ones on AOS. This would be our first Princess cruise....history: 3 RCL, 2 HAL, 2 Celebrity, 1 Carnival....Any thoughts?

My first thought is... the 1400 less passengers you'll have on the Regal versus the Allure.

While we have considered booking RCL's bigger ships just to experience it, I think if you have already done so, I would move over to the Regal and then you will know for sure what you want to do for future trips.

Having said that, I believe your High School aged daughter will probably have a better time on RCL. It's geared to a much younger crowd than Princess is.

Edited by WISH84

My daughter actually is leaning toward regal. She is not a rock climber, ice skater or flow rider type person. Sitting by the pool, Hanging with other teens is her idea of a great week, she is bringing her best friend. We will be traveling during spring break so my guess is there will be others her age on board.

My daughter actually is leaning toward regal. She is not a rock climber, ice skater or flow rider type person. Sitting by the pool, Hanging with other teens is her idea of a great week, she is bringing her best friend. We will be traveling during spring break so my guess is there will be others her age on board.

If she has experienced the Oasis and Allure and wants to try Regal, then you should all enjoy the ship. Spring break is family time and she will find lots of teens on board. :D