Using your own transportation to Maria's Happy Horses

Nydeb104

Has anyone booked horseback riding through Maria, but used your own transportation? I see from the boards that it is about three dollars round-trip per person for the water taxi to Stone Island. I'm wondering once we get over to Stone Island, how do we get to Maria's happy horses? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to know this. Going in April and in our group, not everyone wants to ride. Trying to decide if its easily booked when on Stone Island, or to book an inclusive tour before with everything included...

• 7 months later...

To get to Stone Island, walk outside the terminal area to the sidewalk alongside the street. . Turn left and walk to the end. It is a semi short walk, maybe five to ten minutes. Cross the street to the water taxi area. Buy your round trip ticket to the island. When you get there a guy with a vehicle will transport you where ever you want to go for a few bucks. We got to Victors. Nice folks there. You can lay out on the beach and they will wait on you. Adult beverages or cold soft drinks. There are lounges and umbrellas. If you are hungry try the fish and shrimp platter. It is a heap of food with all the trimmings. It is delicious and worth the trip. It is very reasonably priced. To find Maria just look up the beach. She will be there with her horses. She is a very nice lady. You can negotiate a ride for as long or as short as you like. You can also prebook on line by googling Maria's happy horses. All The horses are all well kept. When you are ready to go back to the ship tell Victor or Maria and they will call the transport guy. He will take you to the dock area. This all makes for a very nice day at a very reasonable price. I have done this many times. It is very safe.

Edited by joeyancho