Victoria Suggestions

ehough

Our cruise has us being in Victoria from 8pm-12am.

What, if anything, can we do there for 4 hours at night? It seems really strange to me (my first cruise)- it seems we'd be getting there when everything was already closed.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Well I'm not sure what might be available actually but it's a nice downtown area at anytime of the day or night. Check to see if your ship has any tours available as that might just be the only way to know.

Reason for the time is your ship is likely using it as a stop to allow it to meet the age old problem of US regulations and that's as soon as it can get there from up north enroute back to a US port.

As already mentioned, this is a stop to fulfill the Passenger Services Act of a foreign port. Your ship should have some shore excursions available. If of interest, Butchart Gardens is the highlight here. But do get off the ship and at least see the Inner Harbor- ship should run shuttles and there will be cabs.

We were there this past summer and our port time was 6:00 to 12:00 midnight. We did a cruiseline excursion that included a tour of Victoria and Butchart Gardens. It wasn't long enough to do either one of them justice, but we enjoyed both and it was probably worth what we spent.(Keeping in mind that most excursions through the cruiselines are too expensive.)

Archived