Herod's or RCCL Land & Sea?

printingchick

I was considering Spencer Ambrose, but recent reviews (including those from a personal friend) have dissuaded me. Herod's reviews look great and his pricing is very reasonable. But it is a FULL DAY excursion. Would it be safer to book it through the cruise ship? Has anyone done both so they are able to compare? What would I be gaining/losing by choosing one over the other? I know Herod will not take a small group, but I'm assuming he'd group us with others to meet the minimum. Any feedback/personal experience you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I was considering Spencer Ambrose, but recent reviews (including those from a personal friend) have dissuaded me. Herod's reviews look great and his pricing is very reasonable. But it is a FULL DAY excursion. Would it be safer to book it through the cruise ship? Has anyone done both so they are able to compare? What would I be gaining/losing by choosing one over the other? I know Herod will not take a small group, but I'm assuming he'd group us with others to meet the minimum. Any feedback/personal experience you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I did the Herod's Island Splendor Coastal Cruise this past January and I loved it. Herod is very nice and the island is beautiful. I enjoyed seeing it from the water vs a land tour in a crowded bus. You have an option to add on seeing a water fall (which my kids did do) and a trip to the volcano. We stopped at the beach near the Pitons, had a delicious lunch and free drinks. I had a group of 7 but ended up with others from our roll call to get us the numbers needed. If you have a rollcall, definately post if others are interested to join you.

I enjoyed the excursion and would definately recommend Herod.

Our party of seven did this tour on June 26th, this was one of the best tours we have ever done. The lunch they provided was made by Herod's Mother and it was wonderful !! I would highly recommend this tour - you can't beat the view of the Pitons from Jalousie Beach.