Carnival Cruise wedding advice

Red84

Hello My Fiancé and I just got engaged (as in yesterday:D) and we plan on getting married on a cruise out of Florida. This is both of ours second marriages but his first cruise. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences positive or negative to share. Also does anyone who has been married still have a price list for "extras" to personalize weddings? Please and Thank you :D:D:D

Our wedding isn't until August 3, so I only have one piece of advice so far....avoid Sasha as your wedding planner at all costs, she drops the ball and then lies about it and it takes several phone calls to undo the damage she has done. It's hard to trust that your wedding will go off as planned when you have somebody not following through and then lying about it. Once I let Carnival know under no circumstances did I want Sasha anywhere near my plans (after much stress, and way too many phone calls) things have gone smoothly and relatively stress free.

Also, if at all possible, schedule a tour of the ship and if possible schedule it on a day that there is a wedding going on so you can get an idea of how things work on the wedding day.

Our wedding isn't until August 3, so I only have one piece of advice so far....avoid Sasha as your wedding planner at all costs, she drops the ball and then lies about it and it takes several phone calls to undo the damage she has done. It's hard to trust that your wedding will go off as planned when you have somebody not following through and then lying about it. Once I let Carnival know under no circumstances did I want Sasha anywhere near my plans (after much stress, and way too many phone calls) things have gone smoothly and relatively stress free.

Also, if at all possible, schedule a tour of the ship and if possible schedule it on a day that there is a wedding going on so you can get an idea of how things work on the wedding day.

Thank you so much I will definitely keep this in mind :-):D

Now I'm nervous because I'm getting married in November and sascha is our person. I haven't really dealt with her yet. What exactly should I be on the lookout for??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

The first thing was she never made a first contact. I waited for a full month after booking and then I called them. She claimed she had not only called me but had talked to me. She also claimed she emailed me the contract...and by the time I called them the contract was past due. Then when I finally got the contract after 3 or 4 more calls and another week and a half passed, Dinah sent the contract and I returned it. Then finally Sasha called and got all snotty with me because I "tattled" on her. Then somehow my fiance ' s credit card was charge 3 times for the wedding package. Then I never got any paperwork except for the contract Dinah sent. Anyway, Dinah is the coordinator I'm working with now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The first thing was she never made a first contact. I waited for a full month after booking and then I called them. She claimed she had not only called me but had talked to me. She also claimed she emailed me the contract...and by the time I called them the contract was past due. Then when I finally got the contract after 3 or 4 more calls and another week and a half passed, Dinah sent the contract and I returned it. Then finally Sasha called and got all snotty with me because I "tattled" on her. Then somehow my fiance ' s credit card was charge 3 times for the wedding package. Then I never got any paperwork except for the contract Dinah sent. Anyway, Dinah is the coordinator I'm working with now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow sounds like a wedding coordinator from hell...I will definitely be asking NOT to use Sasha Thanks for the heads up! How unprofessional for her to call you about "tattling". Did your Fiancé get the issue fixed regarding his Credit card? I would be shocked if she was still working there. Well I wish you luck and hope your day turns out wonderful!

Everybody else we have dealt with has been amazing. They are sweet, and friendly, and helpful....if you know to ask the questions. Reading this board is really helpful because there are tons of perks that they don't tell you about unless you know to ask. As of right now 38 days out, I have only good things to say about how things are going and have complete faith my wedding will come off without a serious hitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for keeping me from making a mistake lol Spoke with Carnivals wedding department and they gave me to Sasha I told them no I want someone else and they asked why I told them that friends of mine used her and had a horrible experience...Seems they have been getting that a lot lately lol...wonder why lol

Edited by Red84

I have some price lists for the extras, but I had booked under their old packages last year and I know rates have changed for nearly everything. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can e-mail you what I have, but rates have likely gone up on a lot of it. But, it may at least give you some place to start.

My advice is to make sure you ask your coordinator to send you everything as soon as you sign the contract. You may need to ask specifically for some of it though, as they often don't volunteer the options.

I have some price lists for the extras, but I had booked under their old packages last year and I know rates have changed for nearly everything. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can e-mail you what I have, but rates have likely gone up on a lot of it. But, it may at least give you some place to start.

My advice is to make sure you ask your coordinator to send you everything as soon as you sign the contract. You may need to ask specifically for some of it though, as they often don't volunteer the options.

Thank you so much!!! My email is N4311@ymail.com

WOW that's so much info!!!! Thank you so much!!!!