Advance Check In Luggage Storage

letmetellya

We have a late flight post cruise Feb. 8 , I just heard about Advance Check In Luggage Storage . Has anyone used them ? Im having a hard time finding tours and luggage transfers . Thanks in advance for your advice.

We used them. Its OK. They have a booth right outside the terminal when you get off of the ship. You pay them up front, they take your luggage, and you can take a taxi, or take the Riverwalk streetcar up to the French quarter.

Then, I THINK you have the option of getting your own ride to the airport, or you can have them set it up for you with someone that they use. NOTE: the fee that you pay them is for the luggage transfer only. They don't really TELL you when you ask about being picked up to be taken to the airport that its not their company picking you up. They just call and arrange the pickup. You still have to pay the service that picks you up. Cant remember for certain but I think it was around $15 per person. They pick you up in front of Café Du Mondue at a scheduled time. Again, I think you can arrange your own transportation as well but I would double check with them. Traffic down in the quarter was rather hectic when we were there.

You get to the airport, and they tell you the area to go to get to the baggage claim area that they are by. You pick up your luggage, tip the gentleman if you feel so inclined, and off you go to check-in for your flight.

A nice way to enjoy the city for a few hours without luggage. Just be aware that you are paying for 2 different services if they arrange pickup, because again, they aren't all that clear about it when you speak with them.

Enjoy! and good luck

We used them. Its OK. They have a booth right outside the terminal when you get off of the ship. You pay them up front, they take your luggage, and you can take a taxi, or take the Riverwalk streetcar up to the French quarter.

Then, I THINK you have the option of getting your own ride to the airport, or you can have them set it up for you with someone that they use. NOTE: the fee that you pay them is for the luggage transfer only. They don't really TELL you when you ask about being picked up to be taken to the airport that its not their company picking you up. They just call and arrange the pickup. You still have to pay the service that picks you up. Cant remember for certain but I think it was around $15 per person. They pick you up in front of Café Du Mondue at a scheduled time. Again, I think you can arrange your own transportation as well but I would double check with them. Traffic down in the quarter was rather hectic when we were there.

You get to the airport, and they tell you the area to go to get to the baggage claim area that they are by. You pick up your luggage, tip the gentleman if you feel so inclined, and off you go to check-in for your flight.

A nice way to enjoy the city for a few hours without luggage. Just be aware that you are paying for 2 different services if they arrange pickup, because again, they aren't all that clear about it when you speak with them.

Enjoy! and good luck

Thank You for the info on these services . I think the transportation (people) service is klm transportation ,I am calling them today . I was am always leery about rusting my luggage with just anyone so it is nice to be reassured . thanks again !!

Thank You for the info on these services . I think the transportation (people) service is klm transportation ,I am calling them today . I was am always leery about rusting my luggage with just anyone so it is nice to be reassured . thanks again !!

Yes, KLM is correct. The first year we called and called and called but could never reach anyone by phone. Finally they returned our call and said we didn't have to set up reservations. We just walked outside the terminal after customs and there was someone standing there.

We had no issues, other than a nasty surprise the first time when we realized that the money we paid was only for the luggage. :eek:

Enjoy your cruise

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, KLM is correct. The first year we called and called and called but could never reach anyone by phone. Finally they returned our call and said we didn't have to set up reservations. We just walked outside the terminal after customs and there was someone standing there.

We had no issues, other than a nasty surprise the first time when we realized that the money we paid was only for the luggage. :eek:

Enjoy your cruise

Any one know the cost?

• 1 year later...
We have a late flight post cruise Feb. 8 , I just heard about Advance Check In Luggage Storage . Has anyone used them ? Im having a hard time finding tours and luggage transfers . Thanks in advance for your advice.

My parents used them and they were extremly unprofessional and unhelpful company. Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars. Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company. I implore you to never, ever use them.