Rocky Beach Question

PollyNJ

I have been to Grand Turk twice so I know the set up at the pier...we always booked a snorkeling excursions but this time we thought we would walk down to Jack's Shack or stay by the terminal. My question ...is the shoreline as rocky as some describe the whole way down towards Jack's Shack? We are strong swimmers so I was wondering if we walked down to the farthest point of the Carnival Beach, to enter the water , and leave our towels etc. is it still as rocky? We would then swim back towards the ship and snorkel as some have said it is pretty decent.

TIA for any input. :) Polly

I have been to Grand Turk twice so I know the set up at the pier...we always booked a snorkeling excursions but this time we thought we would walk down to Jack's Shack or stay by the terminal. My question ...is the shoreline as rocky as some describe the whole way down towards Jack's Shack? We are strong swimmers so I was wondering if we walked down to the farthest point of the Carnival Beach, to enter the water , and leave our towels etc. is it still as rocky? We would then swim back towards the ship and snorkel as some have said it is pretty decent.

TIA for any input. :) Polly

not rocky, some random rocks but very manageable. snorkel either down near Jacks or to the right of the dock is what i've read. you can rent a chair at jacks if you want.

To the left of the pier it's not rocky at all (at least not when we were there). We walked to Jacks and snorkeled.....really not much to see at all. We snorkeled around the pier at Jacks and it was just very average, but because there is little in the way of reef or rocks, the snorkeling is pretty poor. That means it's nice and sandy.

The walk to Jacks on the sand or in the water is smooth as can be. Just a long white stretch of sand. No rocks really (well, maybe a few out in the water). But I would definitely NOT call this a rocky beach.

So many people have reported you need water shoes etc because it is so rocky entering the water. Also have read many people complaining they cut their feet. When you mean to the left I am assuming you mean looking towards the port towards Jack's ?

Thanks for the info I feel better now..I was fretting in my old age :)