bus from hato caves to which beach?

jean87510

I hope someone can help with this. I know how to get the bus from cruise port thanks to some great posts to the caves. My question is, after seeing the caves first, is there a bus that goes from the caves to any beach? And, will there be a bus that can take you back to the cruise port? I am really having difficulty understanding the online maps/bus schedules. I will be there 11/10/14 from 8am to 9pm. Since our cruise is a 14 day cruise with 7 stops, and with 5 people, I really have to budget on each island and the tour prices even locally are just too much for the five of us. I have checked the archives and cannot find an answer.

I really wish I could help you with this one.

But the bus system on the island is not the most reliable one if you want to go to the not so popular local destinations. My recommendation would be - after the Hato caves, get the Punda - Hato bus (either the big white bus or the smaller van) taking you to Punda (not back to Otrabanda where the ship is).

At the final stop in Punda you then take another bus to Seaquarium Beach. That is the cheapest way to experience both.

thanks. That is a good idea. I was going to rent a car but a little nervous with leaving it at Shete boka and at random snorkel spots since we have our own snorkeling gear. We aren't the luckiest family and all I need is the car broken into because one of my kids left a towel on the seat.

I was going to rent a car but a little nervous with leaving it at Shete boka and at random snorkel spots since we have our own snorkeling gear. We aren't the luckiest family and all I need is the car broken into because one of my kids left a towel on the seat.

Very smart thinking! Renting a car could be loads of fun, but cannot be left with valuables at any place, any time.