Flying in same day - Times?

SMN73

Hi all,

I am taking my first solo cruise in November out of Miami on Majesty. Since it's just me I want to fly in the same day. If I get a flight that lands at 12:30 in Ft Lauderdale the day of departure, will that work getting me to the ship on time? I've never been to this area.

Thanks!

The ship sails at 4 PM which means you have to be at POM by 2:30.

It is a 40-60 minute drive from FLL depending on traffic.

If you are checking a bag it will be close to 1:30 before you are ready to hit the road.

Will RCI sell you their transfer for this flight? If so you can risk it because they will be looking for you and will wait if the flight is slightly late. I say slightly because you really have no margin for error.

If your flight is delayed or cancelled even the very next one from your home airport will not get you to Miami on time. And travel insurance will be useless as most policies require at least a three-hour delay by a carrier. In your case a one hour delay will have you sunk.

You can try using RCI's Air Travel Calculator to see their recommended flight times. But even if this flight qualifies it is cutting it way too close for me.

UGHHHHHH. I think the airlines and the hotels are in cahoots. lol I can't find a single flight that comes in before noon that is reasonable.

So I guess I will start looking at cheap hotels. The flight I would take the day before gets in at midnight so I sure don't want to pay much for just a few hours.

UGHHHHHH. I think the airlines and the hotels are in cahoots. lol I can't find a single flight that comes in before noon that is reasonable.

So I guess I will start looking at cheap hotels. The flight I would take the day before gets in at midnight so I sure don't want to pay much for just a few hours.

What airport you flying from and on what day?

What airport you flying from and on what day?

I'll be flying out of Nashville. I can sail either the 6th or 13th of November. So with what I'm seeing, I will need to fly in on the 5th or 12th.

I'll be flying out of Nashville. I can sail either the 6th or 13th of November. So with what I'm seeing, I will need to fly in on the 5th or 12th.

There is a AA flight leaves 7am on the 6th direct to MIA arrives 10:20am.

Google Flight Matrix it might help you searching airlines quickly. However it does not show charter type flights like South West but it will help you see all flight times quickly for major airlines.

Edited by jb456

There is a AA flight leaves 7am on the 6th direct to MIA arrives 10:20am.

Google Flight Matrix it might help you searching airlines quickly. However it does not show charter type flights like South West but it will help you see all flight times quickly for major airlines.

Thank you. I did see that one. But for the cost of the flight, I can fly in the day before and stay at a hotel. It's a racket I tell ya!

Thank you. I did see that one. But for the cost of the flight, I can fly in the day before and stay at a hotel. It's a racket I tell ya!

Just throwing this idea out there. I know Nasville is around 3 hour 45 min drive to ATL but maybe you live a bit closer.

Anyways cheap airline Spirit flies from ATL direct to FLL (3 flights a day). Maybe drive the night before and stay in a hotel then get the plane from there?

The price right now is $63 each way for 6th to 13th. A checked bag up to 40 pounds is $30 each way. You would be looking at $186 roundtrip total. Don't get a carry on they charge more then a checked bag for that but they allow a certain size personal item for free which most school bag/smaller backpacks fall into that category that you can use as a carry on then beach bag on vaca.

Here is what I see. Drive night before to hotel near ATL.

Flight the 6th at 7:30am arrive FLL 9:14am or 10:10am arrive 12:07pm

Return 4pm arrive 6pm on 13th.

Again just an idea

Edited by jb456