Dunn's River Falls Question

euphio

hi gang: quick question about visiting Dunn's River Falls.

I have no issues physically with climbing up the falls but my wife would not be able to do so. Would there be enough for her to do there while I climb up and back? How long does it usually take to get to the top and back down?

Thanks!

I second Tagong's response. My hubby climbed the falls. My mom stayed near the top where she could see the climbers coming up and enjoy the sound of the falls. I walked down to the bottom, then walked along the path/wooden steps that follow alongside and took photos of hubby the entire way. Other than that and the vendors at the top, I didn't see anything else to do or to keep someone occupied.

actually you arrive at the top of the falls climbing area, usually take stairs to the bottom/beach then climb back up to the top.

If DW can handle stairs then she can climb back up the stairs and watch from several overlooks. If all stairs climbing is out then DW COULD still get wet. Along the way, and especially at the top 'exit' the water forms a large pool. While you do "the climb" she can get in the water at the pool and enjoy the cool flowing waters, watch the climbers finish and generally chill.

DRF is actually a large park, so there are gardens etc and the infamous VENDORS ... and a snack bar etc

This picture is taken at the top ... notice no one climbs higher than this. The falls/river goes higher but this is as far as you are allowed to go. On the left you'll note a few stairs with a handrail from the walkway down to the water.

drf2.jpg

DRF is a park and you do not pay to climb the falls, you pay for one day's admission ... stay as long as you wish.

http://www.dunnsriverfallsja.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ