Prinsendam Gala Nights

satie37

We are cruising the Baltic July 1 for 14 days and notice that some CC members are stating there are 3 gala nights on that cruise..... do they have gala nights on sea days? Just wondering if that is the connection? Also I am in a bit of a quandry as following our cruise we are on a 7 day hike in Germany and limited to 20Kg max luggage and obviously packing rain gear, packs, hiking boots etc. ..... included in our luggage. So..... how 'dressed' up do people get on gala nights....my husband will not be packing a suit but slacks and shirt/tie would be ok. We may have to do some creative wardrobe planning ....... Are some dining locations less dressed up than others? We were thinking of booking specialty dining on our sea days but now I am wondering if we would have to be dressed even more formally at the specialty restaurants on a gala night.

On a 14-night cruise you can expect 3 Gala nights. Your final documents, when they are available about 50 days pre-cruise, will give the number of Gala and Smart casual nights.

The dress code on Gala nights is smart casual at a minimum. Be aware, though, that on European cruises people do tend to dress up more than they do on say, a Caribbean or Alaska cruise.