Tribord Mask and Contact lenses

shadow8800

Thanks! I may have to try one of these out on my December cruise. It would be nice to be able to snorkel without having to surface every couple of minutes to take the mouthpiece out and re-group. :)

I did finally decide to get the Tribord mask. I took it to the local swimming pool

to give it a try and it worked just as advertised. No fogging your mouth and nose are separate from the viewing area of the mask. It was not hard to use at all and very comfortable to wear. No problem with the seal as long as you get the correct size(had to send DH's back for smaller size). No trouble breathing while actively swimming like some have stated. All in all I am super happy I got the mask and can't wait to use it in December!

Edited by shadow8800

I did finally decide to get the Tribord mask. I took it to the local swimming pool to give it a try and it worked just as advertised. No fogging your mouth and nose are separate from the viewing area of the mask. It was not hard to use at all and very comfortable to wear. No problem with the seal as long as you get the correct size(had to send DH's back for smaller size). No trouble breathing while actively swimming like some have stated. All in all I am super happy I got the mask and can't wait to use it in December!

That's great to hear! It looks like we'll be sailing the same week in December. Happy snorkeling!

• 1 month later...

I wear contacts and bought a Tribord for use recently and have used it in lakes and the ocean so far surface snorkeling. I LOVE it! Works fantastic for what its made for. key word there, WHAT ITS MADE FOR. You arent going to be diving under very far with this thing on, wearing it is like having a life vest on your face lol. The view it offers is amazing, its very easy to breath, the snorkel does a great job of not allowing water in doing normal snorkeling and any water that gets in is easy to clear out. While using it, ive experienced no fogging. Id def suggest getting one if all you want to do is surface snorkel.

Edited by Hock23

I wear contacts and bought a Tribord for use recently and have used it in lakes and the ocean so far surface snorkeling. I LOVE it! Works fantastic for what its made for. key word there, WHAT ITS MADE FOR. You arent going to be diving under very far with this thing on, wearing it is like having a life vest on your face lol. The view it offers is amazing, its very easy to breath, the snorkel does a great job of not allowing water in doing normal snorkeling and any water that gets in is easy to clear out. While using it, ive experienced no fogging. Id def suggest getting one if all you want to do is surface snorkel.

So far I have found this to be true as well...thanks for posting your experience with the mask! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I swim (with my googles) with my (soft) contacts, and always snorkel with them. I have snorkeled with both a 'traditional' mask and the tribord (only once so far). Never a problem. My contacts go through a timeline:

1. New/good condition - suitable for general wearing

2. Older - wear these for swimming/snorkeling

3. Time to throw them out

I will caution that I've seen complaints about knockoff tribords with water leakage. We ponied up for the real things.

The other thing that's nice about them is the panoramic view you get.

I must confess I didn't try diving down with mine.

I swim (with my googles) with my (soft) contacts, and always snorkel with them. I have snorkeled with both a 'traditional' mask and the tribord (only once so far). Never a problem. My contacts go through a timeline:

1. New/good condition - suitable for general wearing

2. Older - wear these for swimming/snorkeling

3. Time to throw them out

I will caution that I've seen complaints about knockoff tribords with water leakage. We ponied up for the real things.

The other thing that's nice about them is the panoramic view you get.

I must confess I didn't try diving down with mine.

Thanks for the review, we also purchased the name brand Tribord so hopefully will have no problems. I have only practiced in the pool but have our cruise coming up in December. We are excited to try them out!

I got some daily contacts and will be using those with the mask and I thank you for the info on contact usage and snorkeling. :)