How to find cruising buddy

DrMrsRichardson

This may be a smidge unorthodox but here goes...

I am obsessed with cruising. Thankfully I have a husband who is as well. The problem is, I also have a brother who shares the love of cruising but has had a heck of a time finding good people to share cabins with. He (Dave) has friends who are cruisephobic and playing 3rd wheel to my hubby and I is not exactly his cup of tea.

In Dave's ideal world, he would cruise at least once a year with a cabin buddy who is interested in exploring new ports/ships, seeking out good food, dropping some $ on Black Jack (you can find Dave in Vegas when he is not on a cruise or working ;), watching shows, etc. He has had some bad luck with cruise partners who either cannot get over being disconnected from cell service or who would rather lay around and not see all there is to see.

I thought I would reach out to this board for suggestions on how Dave can find a good cruise buddy. Any ideas? Preferably it would be someone who lives near him.

Thanks

FYI, the Cruise Critic Guidelines state:

Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

The bottom line is: an ad is an ad.
So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts,
tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, coupon books, coffee cards, etc. etc.

[Emphasis is mine]

This may be a smidge unorthodox but here goes...

I am obsessed with cruising. Thankfully I have a husband who is as well. The problem is, I also have a brother who shares the love of cruising but has had a heck of a time finding good people to share cabins with. He (Dave) has friends who are cruisephobic and playing 3rd wheel to my hubby and I is not exactly his cup of tea.

In Dave's ideal world, he would cruise at least once a year with a cabin buddy who is interested in exploring new ports/ships, seeking out good food, dropping some $ on Black Jack (you can find Dave in Vegas when he is not on a cruise or working ;), watching shows, etc. He has had some bad luck with cruise partners who either cannot get over being disconnected from cell service or who would rather lay around and not see all there is to see.

I thought I would reach out to this board for suggestions on how Dave can find a good cruise buddy. Any ideas? Preferably it would be someone who lives near him.

Thanks

Just curious as to location & age etc

I'm in Western Australia

dpgoodes@hotmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums