Hiking the Pitons

vacationer2323

Hi all! My family is interested in hiking The Pitons in St. Lucia. We arrive there at 8am and have to be back on board by 6pm. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get there, hike to the peak of the pitons, and make it back to the boat on time. I have done a little research and noticed that Princess does not offer an excursion through them that hikes the Pitons. Has anyone done this and if so, what company have you used to be able to hike the Pitons and make it back on time. Thanks!

Hi all! My family is interested in hiking The Pitons in St. Lucia. We arrive there at 8am and have to be back on board by 6pm. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get there, hike to the peak of the pitons, and make it back to the boat on time. I have done a little research and noticed that Princess does not offer an excursion through them that hikes the Pitons. Has anyone done this and if so, what company have you used to be able to hike the Pitons and make it back on time. Thanks!

It is possible to do this. It can be done by yourself through a taxi or a tour operator. There are lots of them who offer it such as Barefoot, Serenitytvl, PVh Tours and I believe Congoman( Triibute to Lion) also offers it but it will add at least another 30 minutes to the hike as it starts on the beach at the very base of the Piton. If you are planning to do this via Land, keep in mind it is approx. 1.5 hours drive each way. Hike takes at least 4 hours depending how fit you are. If you are going via sea using a speed boat then your transfer will be 30-45 minutes to get to Soufriere and then the hike. You can also add a swim at the mud baths if you do have some time.