RC Jamaica Rose Hall All Inclusive

wattmhite

We have done the Hilton Rose Hall twice. The last time was in October 2014 and we won't be doing it again. We arrived on the Allure and due to the scheduled late arrival time, by the time we arrived at the resort it was very hard to find 4 chairs together anywhere near the pool. It was difficult to get food because the food stand that is by the waterslide pool was closed so we had to go down to the other stand and then try to flag down a server and then we had to just stand there and wait for the food (at least 30 minutes). In our opinion, it was not worth the high price tag and we will not do it again.

We like the Falmouth port area for shopping/eating. They built a cool Margaritaville restaurant and it has a pool that you can hang out in and drink/eat. If you search the boards you can find pictures. It is obviously not all inclusive but I am betting you can sit around and drink and eat for a long time for $140 per person. :o) The Hilton Rose Hall is the only excursion that we have done in Jamaica. I don't feel as safe there as I do in some other countries but that is probably just an uneducated feeling. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I hope you enjoy your trip.

We did this excursion last year (wasn't through Royal Caribbean - we did it through Resorts for a Day) and found it to be very good. We got there pretty early, can't remember exact time and sat by the pool for a while and then had lunch. The lunch was good, I think we just had burgers or something but it was good and the service great. We did have someone stop by while we were at the pool and offer to "take care of us for the day"; i.e., get our drinks, or whatever else we needed. As it turned out, we really didn't need anything. After lunch we moved to the wave pool/lazy river for a while and then sat in the beach area for the rest of the day. The beach area wasn't all that great, but the resort, view, atmosphere, etc., we thought were very nice. The bus (which was very nice, air conditioned, etc.) picked us back up at the appointed time and we arrived back at the ship in plenty of time. The only problem we had was not being able to find the pick-up place very easily when we got off the ship that morning. No one seemed to know what we were talking about. But, since it wasn't a ship sponsored excursion that was to be expected. We would do it again.

We did that excursion this past October from Falmouth with resort for a day. It was $114. The beach was steep and bottom of the swimming area was a little rocky, but beaches change. The pool was nice and the food and drink and atmosphere were great. My biggest concern was that the bus was a half hour late both directions. There were maybe 40-50 of us hoping we would get back to the Freedom before it left.

We did this 2 years ago and liked it, although I am not sure we would do it again. Dont get me wrong, we had a great day, but the price was a little steep. The food in the open air patio near the pool was good. Nothing outstanding, but good none the less. Probably consistent with Windjammer food. So take that as you will. Some people detest the Windjammer, and some people love it. I find the food decent enough, nothing bad, but nothing extraordinary.

I do have to say that the beach was the main highlight of our day. The water was beautiful! I read that someone posted above that there was a steep drop off and that it was rocky. When we were there 2 years ago it was the nicest beach of the trip. So maybe there have been storms or something that changed the beach?

Overall our group had fun, but I think we could have had a great experience doing our own thing at a beach with facilities.

• 4 months later...
We did this 2 years ago and liked it, although I am not sure we would do it again. Dont get me wrong, we had a great day, but the price was a little steep. The food in the open air patio near the pool was good. Nothing outstanding, but good none the less. Probably consistent with Windjammer food. So take that as you will. Some people detest the Windjammer, and some people love it. I find the food decent enough, nothing bad, but nothing extraordinary.

I do have to say that the beach was the main highlight of our day. The water was beautiful! I read that someone posted above that there was a steep drop off and that it was rocky. When we were there 2 years ago it was the nicest beach of the trip. So maybe there have been storms or something that changed the beach?

Overall our group had fun, but I think we could have had a great experience doing our own thing at a beach with facilities.

How long were you at Rose Hall? On the RC website it says this is a 4 hr excursion. It seems pretty expensive for 4 hours.