Has anyone tried IsAgenix?

Fun 2 Crz

Fun 2 Crz, Isagenix is a great product if you are strong willed. I usually do a 9 day cleanse 2x a year. I am getting ready to do one tomorrow then again in 30 days. I sail my first cruise in 45 days on the Carnival Legend to the Carribean. I have been working hard since we booked the cruise. I have lost 60lbs since the first of the year. From 255 to 195. Would like to finish off at 185.

But yes isagenix is a great product. I have been doing 9 day cleanses for about 5 years now.

I am currently using Isagenix products. It is expensive but WORTH IT! I am diabetic. I have been on insulin for 1 1/2 years and started using Isagenix 18 Jun 09. I started the program at 50 units and am down to 10 units a day. I have lost 23 lbs and feeling better than I have in a very long time!

I cleanse every other Tuesday and that works out perfect for me. I don't want to lose too fast.

We are sailing 23 Aug 09 to celebrate my "50th" birthday on the 25th! I will be taking my Isagenix with me because my goal is to get off this insulin for good! I want to be a good diabetic statistic, not a bad one.

Try the products, they are great!

Thanks everyone for your posts I started it last Monday have lost a total of 10 lbs as of today that is not bad in a week. I have about 50 lbs to go to be at a healthly weight for my height and age but I do want to loose it a healthy way. I can not wait to be thinner again.

I started the 30 day on Thursday so far I am down 13 lbs total and have gone down a dress size I love the program it is so easy to follow I have so much energy I am swimming lapes in the pool every evening when I get home from work and I still have energy to clean the dishes and I feel great. Thanks for asking it is nice to boast about loosing. :D

Glad to see you guys having success. I just received my 30day supply and plan to start tomorrow. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to be starving, but figure I'll supplement with a piece of fruit or something.

Any tips? What should I expect from a cleanse day? That's what's got me nervous. Will I be able to leave the house?? :eek:

Yes, you will be able to leave the house :-)

I am diabetic so I ate 1 almond an hour and every other hour I ate an Isagenix Chocolate Snack and took my blood sugar every hour on the hour. I have been doing the cleanse day every other Wednesday and have lost 23 lbs. in 2 months now.

I would eat a protein more than a fruit if you get hungry....just a small handful of almonds or walnuts.

How often are you going to do the cleanse days on your 30 day plan?

Oh, I am also drinking 4 oz of cleansing juice every night before I go to bed and that keeps my body regular.

Have fun and keep us posted!

It says to do the cleanse up to 4 times in the 30 days. I figured I'd do Saturdays -- or every other Saturday . I saw their tip about the almond and cracked up...ONE almond? Does that really help?

I have nothing to lose but weight, so I'll give it a shot. I think I have nuts around here somewhere, so I'll grab a few for work rather than a fruit. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotta be honest. By the end of the second day (and staring down the barrel of the cleanse day), I decided this is NOT the program for me. I was so painfully hungry and had such a headache that I just broke down into tears. I decided I'd try to do the cleanse on Saturday, but if I couldn't, I wouldn't beat myself up. I'd just modify. I didn't do the cleanse.

What I did do, however, was vow to make this manageable. I decided to skip the cleanse altogether. I have been drinking 1-2 shakes per day, having healthy snacks, and a reasonable dinner. I've been taking the supplements and the Cleanse for Life, but dumped the Ionix Supreme down the sink. Blech.

I've had ice cream, I've had a cheese steak, I've had some M&Ms. To date, I'm down 8 lbs. My 2 week point is Thursday. I'm more than happy with that.

If I can continue to lose a pound or two per week, I will be thrilled.

Once all my product is gone, I will be switching to something like Muscle Milk -- which has a similar content and is MUCH cheaper -- and lower in calories.

My problem with this program is that is essentially a starvation diet. No one should be limited to approx 1080 calories a day. Sure, it will help you lose weight, but once you start eating normally, it will creep back. I don't view this as a lifestyle change. With my modifications, I can look at it as a lifestyle change. It's just not for everyone.

Good luck to you. I hope you continue to experience success!

• 2 months later...

54 pounds lost since June 17th (as of 11/12/09). Food cravings gone. No more problems with the debilitating headaches that I used to get. Not a day sick since I started Isagenix even though I’ve been exposed to people with really bad colds and the flu both at home and at work. I allow myself my cheat days from time to time and have no problem going back on Isagenix afterwards (usually if I cheat on a diet, I’m done in, so this is a first for me after over 26 adult years of yo-yo dieting). I enjoy the food and am completely satisfied. I actually look forward to my cleanse days. I feel like they “reset” my system in a very good way. Bottom line is that for me, this is the best eating program I have ever been on and I plan to be on it the rest of my life!

I was very skeptical starting out, but also desperate to try something, anything that might help me get over my obesity and improve my health. I was also one of those people that liked the popular diet shake Slimfast, but then wanted a meal right after drinking it! LOL. I never thought I could be satisfied on a shake based plan (with one or two regular meals a day) that involved two days of cleansing a week. Fortunately, I could not have been more wrong. For the first time in my adult life, I feel like I have control of my overeating and I am truly satisfied with the plan that I am on.

I think the problems that many people have with Isagenix can be traced back to the coach they use and the overall team mentors. Perhaps they have not gotten the support that they need I have three people I can go to when I have questions or having a tough day. While the program seems rigid at first, my coaches have been great at giving me little tips to make the program work for me so that I never feel as though I’m starving, not even on cleanse days. Soon I realized that this plan is actually very flexible. The new shakes that debuted this past summer are delicious and there are also ingredients you can add to give you quite a bit of variety (I love the taste when I put a little bit of organic peanut butter in my vanilla shake!)

Also, contrary to what is being said on some weight loss review boards, you do have some food intake on cleanse days. Your choices are limited and the amounts are small, but they keep you from feeling as if you are starving. In fact, you are eating every hour and a half or two hours both on “shake days” and “cleanse days.” This keeps your blood sugar even and is a very important component of the program. Its also important to note that both my doctor and my coworkers’ doctor gave this plan a thumbs up, even with the cleanse days.

The products do seem expensive at first, so I was surprised when I figured out I’m not spending any more money a month on food than before. The reason is that I used to be terrible about grabbing fast food on the way home, or stopping at 7-11 for a snack, not to mention I ate out a lot more than now. Now I actually have cash left in my wallet at the end of a week instead of piddling it all away grabbing food on the go. I encourage people to take a really good look at where they are spending their money now and you might find this program is more affordable for you than you think.

Lastly, I understand the people who have said that once they quit Isagenix, they gained all their weight back. I bet they did. I don’t see that as a flaw of the Isagenix program. Ask yourself this: do you know of any diet out there that will allow you to keep weight off permanently even if you go back to your old eating habits? I’m betting your answer will be no.

I am not an Isagenix consultant, although I am toying with the idea of giving it a try. Technically, I could act as a consultant now even though I have not done so yet. I think of the Isagenix business plan as being the Mary Kay or Tupperware of diets with the way the plan is structured.

If anyone has more questions for me about the program, you may e-mail me through this message board.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried it. I lost less than 5 lbs on the 30 day program. I had debilitating headaches while doing it. Like dizzy, bumping into walls, weak, etc. It wasn't for me. However, my husband lost 10 lbs in the 30 days and did fine.

I guess I'll just have to be fat and happy, and not skinny with horrible headaches!!